MP3DP Repeat Nozzle Temp

I am noticing the nozzle temperature on my Repeat is not stabilizing very well. In the screenshot below, I am running at 220 F nozzle temperature and it is fluctuating back and forth between 217-222 F.

I am using the Hemera 12v Direct Drive extruder. What would be causing this?

Oscillating fan? Over-zealous eunuchs with ostrich-feather fans? Five degrees of sizzling bacon?

Yes, I’m avoiding work. How could you tell?

I think you lost me at bacon

222F-217F is 5F. Five degrees. There’s a classic meme/game/joke about “six degrees of Kevin Bacon”. At those temps (still a little low for proper crispiness), I figured actual bacon would be more appropriate.

Hey, when I’m at the keyboard, nothing is safe. Especially my clarity, sanity, or ability to convey humor. :japanese_goblin:

And for the record, this is always my head-canon for eunuchs with fans:
hines

2 Likes

Have you run PID Tuning on the hot end? It looks very regular, so I’d guess it’s not unusual environmental stuff going on.

1 Like

How do I run PID Tuning on it?

Also, I have recently moved it to a different location than before so the ambient temp is different. But the ambient temp is pretty constant and shouldn’t be causing this I wouldnt think. Just seems like it overshoots its target temp, falls back down too low, then overshoots again and repeats that cycle.

Check out PID autotune | Marlin Firmware

This tunes the behavior so that it should oscillate less.

3 Likes

https://teachingtechyt.github.io/calibration.html#pid
Teaching tech has an awesome calibration website

1 Like

oh wow!!! I forgot about that movie!!!

That’s it, hand in your membership card…

1 Like

Ice Pirates?

Don’t resist when they arrive… Or maybe resist a little.

HotW:P1