MP3DP "Repeat" Build

Personally, I am not that interested in speed. My printer has probably been idle for a week or two now. Having it faster is nice, but not worth too much energy or time for me.

But having a machine that can print bigger and faster means that it will do those without as many failures. So printing things slower and smaller will be more reliable.

At least that is my theory.

1 Like

I would like the ability to print larger items too. My current print size is still a measly 180mm cube.

I think as the printers get larger, the need to print faster increases as well. Printing a small item in an hour isnā€™t an issue, but if youā€™re printing something huge, you donā€™t really want to have to wait 4 days for it to finish. The longer the run time, the more chance of it failing (power outage, etc).

Although, printing my small 1 hour print in 20 minutes would be nice too.

I really need to finish the current projects and start figuring out the next one.

Having the dual steppers per axis allows more holding power, and more acceleration.
As much as I love corexy once you get to a certan size, you start getting more wobbles due to the really long belts. Thereā€™s also belt enertia.

Iā€™m extremely happy with the Repeat. To me, a balance between speed and quality is important.
99% of the time I print functional parts and not toys or things that will be on display. So if I end up with ā€œsome artifactsā€ but the print is dimensional accurate, Iā€™m ok with it.
Also, as @niget2002 mentioned, it is nice to be able to print prototypes Quick, and not have to wait 6 hrs or more for a test part.
The pictures below is the second prototype of the Repeat new center/core, for the linear rail mod.
Printed at 150mm with accel of 3500. Slicer said it would take 2hrs 19min to print, and end up taking 1hr 42min. If I was to print with the CR10S pro it would take 4hrs 52min (slicer time) probable more as the estimated time is always wrong for that printer.
I think the quality and speed is well-balanced for my needs.

3 Likes