Motors not moving

It was a little more difficult to turn and you can hear each step more

It should be very noticeable, and highly unlikely all 5 steppers are not functioning.

Okay,

So plug 1 stepper in to each axis. power and lcd only. What steps are you using to move them?

Prepare, move axis, 1mm, then spin the dial 10mm worth?

what firmware shows on the screen on boot, RC7?

I just tried a few different distances, including 10mm.

Still nothing. I used: Marlin RC7 MPCNC w/LCD firmware. Is that the correct one?

yes.

Most of the variables have been ruled out. Power supply works because it powers the screen without the usb. Resistor is being seen as it shows 25 on the lcd. Repetier is taken out of the equation as is the buad rate issues because of the lcd. The steppers are wired correctly because of the shorting test.

You bought it from me correct? So that means when it shipped it had all been tested and working. There is no way all three drivers went bad in shipping. I can’t think of any reason all the rest of it would work just not the steppers.

Did you ever take the board apart and maybe miss a pin when reassembling it? Have you done anything other than plug it in? If you ever had it powered up and unplugged the steppers you could have fried the drivers? There is just no way it could all go bad in shipping without a ton of physical damage.

I purchased the drivers from your store, yes. I programmed the arduino, then put the ramps shield with drivers on it onto the arduino (with the power off), plugged in the screen, plugged in the stepper motors, tried to move from lcd. Then I tried with the PC after. I never took it apart after I put it together the first time.
I dont remember unplugging anything while it was powered on. I read multiple times that this can cause damage so I have been very careful not to plug or unplug anything while it is turned on.

okay so the ramps is not from me.

has it ever moved with other drivers?

do you have all the jumpers filled under the drivers?

did you tune the pots to .7v?

exactly what power supply are you using and what are its specs (volts and amps)? plugged into the green port or the black barrel?

I tried the same … same end…no luck

I havent tried any other drivers. Do you know of one that I should try?

All of the jumpers under the drivers are filled.
I did not tune the pots to .7v - I was just trying to get any sign of movement or power
12v 6A plugged into barrel connector.

you might have fried your board.

the barrel connector is not to be used.

you need to power the green plug the outer half.

and you have to tune the drivers they are at 3 times the recommended voltage. They should be okay since they have never been tuned but do not move the steppers until you tune them or you could damage both.

https://www.v1engineering.com/ramps-1-4-board/

Should I take apart the barrel connector of the 12v 6A power brick to expose the wires? Is this what I connect to the green plug?

Or do I need some other type of power supply?

Yup cut it off, or get fancy and use a connector.

Al? same issue?

What do you use to power the green plug?
Is the 12V PS useless since the barrel connector is not to be used?

You just need to get 12v to the green plug, this usually involves cutting connectors off. If you bought it from me it is pre wired. If you bought it yourself you need to wire it.

That’s what I got from you and the 12V ps I had here

Thank you for taking the time to troubleshoot with me. I suppose it was an oversight on my part.

After plugging the power into the green plug ON the ramps board as opposed to the barrel connector on the arduino (and adjusting pots) everything seems to be working as it should be!

I owe you a huge thank you. :slight_smile:

High five!

I learned something myself…make sure the power is in the included pics I ask for, HAHAHA. Glad I had some free time tonight to get you rolling!

Thank you, I got it too. Thank you for your time and help