Motors going different ways

Ive just built my lowrider 3 with skr pro 1.2 board
my y 1 and 2 and z 1 and 2 motors are going different ways
my x is fine though
tried flipping them on the board and it makes no difference
is there something else i should be doing
help appreciated
i didnt buy my steppers from v1 engineering but got every thing else from there.
thanks john

Are they wired separately? If so, only switch one of them from each axis by plugging that motor cable in backwards by flipping the plug connector. Then they should both be backwards or both be forward.

Tried every way of reversing them to no avail
So can i wire them togather on one of the drivers instead ? Or will it put too much pressurr on the driver
Thanks john

If you flip a single stepper motor connection (either at the board or elsewhere but not both), the motor will run the opposite way. If that is not happening, then check to make sure all the motors are engaged and running. If a motor is not running, it may appear to be running in the opposite direction.

So can i wire them togather on one of the drivers instead

Wiring them in parallel to a single driver will work, but you get half the torque, so your machine will not perform as designed. In addition, your motor could still run backwards. There is way to wire two motors to the same driver using a special (serial/series) harness, but the best path is to just figure out what is going on with your motors using all five drivers.

I had a motor with a broken wire and no matter what I did, it always turned the same direction until the break was repaired.

1 Like

A common wiring.pattern for these motors is green, red, blue, black.

Flip the motor connector around at the board so it’s black, blue, red, green and.the motors will reverse. This is easiest with the duPont style connector that can plug in either way.

If you have the JST connectors you may need to re-pin one. You can pull.the wire and connector out by pushing in the small lock tabs on the connectors. Swap 1 pair only, to make it (for example) red, green, blue, black or green, red, black, blue and this will also reverse the motor direction.

i am using a 12v 10a 36w power supply is that sufficient?

Have you tried both directions (positive and negative)?

The way steppers work, reversing the entire plug (rotating it 180 degrees. So ABCD ends up DCBA) always reverses the direction.

Either there is a communication failure and we aren’t talking about the same kind of rotation, or you have extremely strange stepper motors.

Yes, however it doesn’t have any bearing on your issue.

you are only flipping one y and one z, correct? not both at the same time?

Also please post pics of Board and of steppers.

The math doesn’t add up, 12V x 10A = 120W (P = V*I)

are you still having issues? Or is this taken care of?

im away now for ten days going to try suggestions when im back will re post if it doesnt work thanks everyone for the help.