Modifying lr3 parts?

Hello I was wondering is it ok to modify some parts on the lr3 ?
I am wanting to try and fit my long y rail 18mm emt onto a 3” wide aluminum rectangle. I want to modify the belt tension bases so I can mount them off the edge.
I am just testing things and figure if I can do a side clamp it should allow me to be able to fit the wider y far side on my 3” surface.
I don’t know how to tag Ryan but it’s probably a no no to use his belt bases to modify.

1 Like

Something along these lines

Absolutely. The license is just “share alike” so release your parts the same and it is all good.

3 Likes

So how do I do the share thing, is it as simple as going in to printable a and uploading my file as a remix?
Or do i have to hash tag something ?
I doubt anyone will want them but if they work out that’s when I would share alike I assume.
I just don’t want to step on toes and want to make sure I do the right thing. I only just uploaded my first file to printables lol.

He says that, but in reality, he’s already making calls to people you’ll never see…

Yes, but when you go to post on Printables, their site will require you to specify what type of license you are invoking/granting.

Ryan’s license requirement means you need to use the same license as the one used by Ryan on the part you are remixing. I think in most or all cases regarding LowRider v3, it means “remix culture allowed - non-commercial” meaning one can remix and share, but one cannot sell the results or commercially use the designs. An exchange of money / profit being made, definitely constitutes commercial use, and is prohibited. It’s why Ryan recently mentioned to someone that sending his files out to some third party, and paying them a profit to cut the parts, is not kosher — not in keeping with the license requirements. Money changed hands, profit was made.

1 Like

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation, I figured that much I just wasn’t sure how to actually share it. And also when I modified it basically took the V1 logo off as well just bc of the modifications.

1 Like