MKS Tinybee mit DRV8825

Hallo,

meine Name ist Michael. Vorab, ich bin nicht neu in dem Thema. Neben eine andere Fräse mit beweglichem Bett, habe ich schon mehrere Voron 3D Drucker gebaut.

Auf der Suche nach etwas größerem bin ich auf die LR3 gestoßen und hab angefangen Die Teile zu drucken und zu fräsen. Jetzt bin soweit, das Board ( MKS Tinybee ) fertig zu machen. Ich hatte noch 8825er Treiber rum liegen und diese deshalb verbaut. Vref hab ich auf 1.0 gestellt da die Stepper 2A abkönnen. Damit haben die Motoren aber sehr merkwürdige Geräusche gemacht. Ich bin dann mal auf 0.6 runter. Der Motor ist damit wesentlich schöner gelaufen und auch nicht warum geworden.

Nach ein paar Sekunden ist er aber dann nicht mehr gefahren. Ich hab auf den Kühlkörper des 8825 gefasst und mir erst mal ordentlich die Finger verbrannt. Danach hab ich noch ein paar Versuche gemacht. Sobald der Motor nur kurz verfährt hat der Treiber laut meinem IR Thermometer schon an die 70 grad.

So ein verhalten hatte ich bis jetzt noch nie. In der anderen Fräse ist ein Arduino mit cnc Shield und 4988er Treibern verbaut. Das macht diese Probleme nicht. Die Drucker haben alle BTT Octopus mit 2209er. Die laufen auch mit 2A Motoren und werden nicht ansatzweise so heiß.

Hat vielleicht einer ne Idee woran das liegen könnte ? Ich teste heute Abend mal die 4988 kreuz.

Vielen Dank und Grüße aus der Eifel

Michael

Pardon my replying in English - I relied on Google Translate to read your post.

Are you sure the driver boards are installed in the proper orientation? The A4988 and DRV8825 are the same size and shape, and they both have a trim pot on them, but the trim pot is at a different end of each board.

1 Like

Hi Tom,

thats no Problem. My English is not the best but its working. Tank you for your quick reply. I did check the Oriantaion and its right. I just tested a 4988. It works fine an didnt get too hot. I ended up with some TMC2209 from one of my 3D Printers. They work like a charm. Nearly not to hear and both, Drivers and the Nema17 are only Hand warm. I dont know whats the Problem with the 8825 was but now its working fine with the TMC2209. I will keep them and order some new for the Printer.

I will post some Pictures in the Your Builds Section these Days.

Best Regards

Michael

I run 8825 in my tinybee. I set to .7 and have no problems. I am sorry you are having problems.

Here is a video just in case on setting voltage. More in docs under ramps.

I guess mine does get hot but still works, lol

I think i found the Problem with the strange Sound. The Cable fot the 24V was way to undersized. I took something laying arround yust to do the test. With the right AWG Wire the Sounds immediately were gone. The 8825 still gets hot with a Vref of 0.6 but the work like expected. It seems to be normal. The Datasheet says to hold them just under 100 C. Mine are at about 60-70. I will keep the 2209 in spite of all. They are much cooler. The Sound isent a Factor at least at the Point where the milling cutter hits the Material.

1 Like