Menards Bamboo Cutting Boards

This weekend I found these at less than 3 bucks. I bought 3 of them and never got around to trying to laser them. If you have a Menards, these definitely seem worth 2.60 per board!!!

https://www.menards.com/main/kitchen/kitchen-essentials/cutting-boards/household-trends-bamboo-cutting-board/e287-60k/p-1642874296173354-c-7251.htm?exp=false

I’ve burned a few Ikea cutting boards. I think they were $10 each.

1 Like

@RockinRiley , the link no longer works but I did a search and a 3 pack came up that was on sale. Looks like a pretty good deal. Too bad we don’t have a location nearby.

I recently found one for $5 at Dollar Tree but it’s thinner than I would have liked. The ones on the Mernards website look thicker.

1 Like

They are, very heavy.

Wow, you are correct, they are gone!

Wish I bought them out now!

1 Like

So they were out at my home store, but my work store had them. So i bought 5, lol. :innocent:

1 Like

We have a Menards under construction right now that is not open yet. They are claiming it’s supposed to be open sometime within the first quarter of next year. The nearest one apart from that one is about a 45 minute drive.

I had the same thing, in that the link led nowhere, but when I searched for cutting board, I found the set of three bamboo cutting boards for only nine dollars. That’s the price before their standard rebate comes into play.

That‘s what is always showing in my head when you guys talk about yournards:
IMG_0443

:smiley:

So as I am here wanting to start the next design, using my very slow but capable jl1 laser.

I see save gcode in Lightburn. So if I were using a jackport or tinybee, with a card slot, would I be able to run just like the cnc, computer free?

I bought Lightburn, just recently, and am very unfamiliar with it.

Yes you would! I have done that many times on my Jackpot. Just use the webui to move to your starting point and set all axises to zero.

2 Likes

Bamboo is nice, just remember, it’s harder than oak, so treat it like a hardwood plywood.

1 Like

Yes. I use cnc.js to drive my laser. I save the gcode and upload it to the machine to run it. I don’t trust windows to not shut off in the middle of a burn.

So i got these done. But this is odd. There are lines in the harley one. Is it from my trace in inkscape??

Or did i do something wrong in lightburn. It must have been inkscsappe in my head. But the image was black filled so if they were there i could not see them.

1 Like

Did you use Offset fill?

No solid fill

I’m not sure then.
Try switching it to line and see if they are still there.
BTW, I’ve found that Lightburn does a better job of tracing than Inkscape.

It is for christmas. I am giving tomorrow. I am sure they will like it either way. I think it has to be from the inkscape trace. I must not have done so.ething correct. I was in a hurry!! And the image is as seen, dark, so if the lines were there i would not have seen them.

I’m sure they’ll like it too.

I think i forgot object to path!!!

I need to make notes! I do too much and never really become an expert on anything! Like this laser bought in 22 and finally using it, lol

Give the Lightburn Trace Image a try. I think you will like it. I know I do.

1 Like