MCU BTT octopus instead?

This board might be a bit overkill (as well as an issue how to fit it in a box on the LR3) but would btt octopus work as well as the Skr pro 1.2 control board? Would I run into issues compared to the Skr pro 1.2? Might get a good deal for two octopus(es) at the price of one. If not I’ll just skip it and get the Skr pro 1.2 instead :blush:

The BTT Octopus is a similar processor to the SKR Pro, so performance wise they are similar. The firmware still needs to be ported, but it is getting to be a popular enough choice that this may become feasible.

If you are comfortable with the firmware editing, I think it is a good choice depending on budget. 2 for 1 is a good deal if you can use 2. Not so much if you only ever need 1.

I’m thinking of getting a Ratrig v-core so one there and one in the LR3. But are we talking a lot of editing in the software?

Seen several people using Klipper, but if you’re planning to use Marlin, have you seen this topic Bigtreetech octopus on Lowrider V3 - #40 by azab2c, shared snapshot of Marlin edits for Octopus there. Cheers!

2 Likes