Makita 700 power on advice

I’ve just made myself a relay controlled power socket, to control starting and stopping of my LR3 router. I have a Makita RT0702CX4/2 as my spindle. I can get the power to control from G-code without problem, using M106/M107. The problem is with the router, which seems to have a feature built in which will not turn the spindle on by just applying power. You have to first turn the power switch of the router off then back on to start it. Has anyone else overcome this “feature”?

The reason is that after a power outage, the RT0700C restarted by itself if left switched on, which does not comply with safety regulations in the EU and many other regions of the world. The new RT0702C has an anti-restart safety function, which makes a hack necessary to be able to switch it on and off by a relay . I assume the 120 V version in the U.S., the RT0701C, will be replaced soon too.

1 Like

I don’t know the answer to this. Above my head. Sorry.

For this scenario, where regulatory requirements mandate manual devices have a power-off interlock against starting when AC power is applied… It may be necessary to either use a proper spindle with a controller, or accept that you will have to manually be present to switch the router main power on and off.

2 Likes