Makita 700 clone

My Dewalt DWP611 took a crap on me. Went to Menards and grabbed their Masterforce brand compact router and started modeling a mount for the LR3. Downloaded the .step file Ryan provided and everything was already the measurements I needed. Started looking and I’m pretty sure it’s an exact clone. I’m not saying buy this instead, but if you’re in need I think it might be an ok alternative for $70. The LED light might get in my way but I can take this off and maybe mount it somewhere else or just cut it off.

Does it have the ER11 collet?

No, I looked at the owner’s manual posted on Menard’s website and the collets look a lot like the Makita 700 collets.

No sorry the picture with that collet was from this forum, of a Makita. I should have specified I’m sorry.

You could also have gotten the Kobalt like all the cool kids are doing at the moment. No pressure though. :yum:

lol. I might. Because this router I just found out has a stupid safety feature. It won’t turn on if the switch is on and you plug it in. You have to cycle the switch. So now my relay won’t work for the spindle on. I guess the thing I really need it for is spindle off but ughhhggg.

1 Like