MakerJim's MP3DP Repeat build log (Will be slow...)

It’s been a while since I posted an update to my Repeat build log.
I stopped working V3 as I was having difficulties printing parts with my Taz 5, and then the repeat V4 was pending.

In the meantime, I dug a FlashForge Creator pro out of storage, and went completely through it.
I maintained this family of machine at a local makerspace, so I’m familiar with it.
As I was working my way through, I finally made time to install a dual upgraded extruder set with one Flexion and one Flexion HT extruder. I also printed and installed the upgraded left-only cooling duct by DrLex, and added a centrifugal fan (this FFCP didn’t have one installed, so I scrounged parts from its twin Qidi Tech 1, also in storage)

I like the way PLA and ABS pop off of borosilicate glass / hairspray, so I threw on a quick release glass build plate while I was at it.

The first few test and calibration prints came out great after fiddling with it for about a month very part-time.

So, I started printing Repeat V4 parts.

First off, I have to say that @vicious1 is not only a great machine and 3d part designer, it shows that he prints this stuff in production. These parts are a dream to print.

Here’s a shot of the First V4 print just after it finished and I popped it off the build plate.

These look almost blue in the shot, but this is purple PLA.
I’ve been scrounging though all my old spools of the “Good” Inland PLA, and will probably have a butt-ugly mix of colors from those.

Here’s a shot after a day of printing parts one at a time.

There is something odd about the left bottom corner of the part at the far right, which may be some slicing issue or perhaps an error in that part. I’ll look into that perhaps tomorrow.

3 Likes

I hope you are pleased with this new build as I am. I am having a great time with them. I see no reason to do any tweaks at this point other than maybe making the parts a little less blocky, more fancy at some point.