LR3 with SKR won’t connect

Hi Everyone,

I’m making progress through my LR3 build here in Saskatoon, Canada but have run into a road block. I’m a woodworker and about the furthest thing from knowledgeable on the tech/wiring side of things so go easy on me.

Board: SKR pro1.2
Screen: tft35
Everything bough from the V1 shop

I can’t get any movement. The screen doesn’t seem to be connected to the board and I’ve had no luck with repetition host on my M1 MacBook.

So far I’ve tried updating firmware on with the screen and the board with no luck.

Screen says ‘no printer attached’

I’m hoping I’m missing something simple. Any help is appreciated!

Check your black tft ribbon on the left, make sure to have the single wire at the right place. (Look at MPCNC controlers documentation, it is well detailed)

If you have a rotary button on your screen, try in marlin mode by long press it. Marlin mode uses the 2 grey ribbons, try reverse them if still no moves.

Also check in tft configs that your bauds rate is set to 250000

2 Likes

Remove the endstops first, in case they are wired wrong. The machine will move without them, it just won’t home.

I can’t tell from this description what is actually wrong. What did you try and what did it do? It sounds like the screen was on, but I can’t really even tell that.

The wiring picture is helpful. That all looks fine. I agree, I hope it is something simple like the baud rate.

1 Like

Update! Black wire from the screen was backward…

Now I have my machine cruising around the table trying to square it. Problem I’m having now is that ‘M666 Y1’ commands followed my M500 don’t seem to be working. What else do I need to do aside from sending each? Reboot?

Also, should the stepper immediately move when I send ‘M666 Y1’?

Thanks for the help so far!

1 Like

I don’t think so. It needs to be homed again.

Also, it is an absolute set point, not a cumulative adjustment. So after M666 Y1, you need to try M666 Y2 to get an additional mm.

Okay that helps thanks. Also do I need the space between M666 and Y1?