LR3 Telecaster cut

I’d love to see that!

The necks on the 60s Vox guitars are quite flat and thin…I think that’s why I like them so much, they also used the zero-fret system which I believe fender/Gibson moved away from because it was the obvious/cheap (and in my opinion, better!) system

Incredibly glad I found this thread on the forum. My entire use case is bass guitar(s). Looking to pull the trigger soon on an LR3 so I can have a 48"x48" work area (Fender P-Bass in standard 34" scale clocks in at 43.5" if I make a neck-through variation, and unless I ever tried going the Dingwall >35" scale that should be sufficient.)

You guys mentioned neck/fretboard stuff and I wondered if you’ve seen this?

Looks like his parametric file will make fretboard for any scale, any string spacing, and now even does compound-radius necks. Right now one of the huge selling points of a $2000 “American Elite” Fender bass is the 9.5”-14” compound-radius fingerboard. You can find them for less but it’s uncommon. One (of too many) of my design ideas is allowing a client to select custom radius and custom compound radius fretboards and necks.

4 Likes