LR3 CAD Model

Are the CAD File(s) available for LR3? I am designing my LR3 table and would like to have the model of the LR3 available to place in my 3D assembly so I know everything lines up right. If not, I can quickly sketch up an spoof model of the LR3 as a place holder.

CAD files are not available for most parts (completely understandable). People are importing the .stl files for their bench designs.

Roughly what usable X-Y cut dimensions are you looking to build? Someone maybe able to share their bench model with LR3 .STL files already imported to help save you/others some time? E.g. I have one for 4’ x 2’

Yeah I get that! I know he posts the MP3DP CAD files, so I thought I would try my luck with the LR3 file as well.

In the end, I really don’t NEED it. I have drawn out my own mock model of the LR3, as seen below.

I wanted an actual model of the LR3 so I could know for sure it will fit, but I feel confident my model is accurate.

The MP3DP is just a side project that is not officiallly supported and not something Ryan wants to support officially because of the complexity of 3d printers compared to a CNC. That’s why he is giving away the STLs for free.
The Primo and LowRider are different since they bring the bread to his table. And hopefully a beer or two. :smiley: Releasing the files would lead to half-hearted modifications by people who don’t know what they are doing (like me) and buyers etc. would expect support for those parts even though Ryan would not have had anything to do with those modified (and often not welll thought out) parts. I think that basically covers it, I guess. Just what I remembered though. :smiley:

1 Like