Lowrider3 x-tensioner

Hey guys, so recently I had to adjust my x-tensioner. As over time it was getting a tad lose.
I adjusted my x-tension(approx 3-5mm) however this now moved my x0 home as well.
All good and well but as my table has an embedded square so I know the home position this has now changed.
I was wondering if anyone made a x-tensioner on the x-max side instead of the x-min size as this would eliminate the movement of the x-home position.?
Or has anyone already made it possible to tension the x belt from either xmin or xmax side?

My mistake was that I had a exisiting project which in between tool changes I adjusted the tension which then shifted my x-home position. Just want to eliminate that in future if it were possible to make the adjustments from the x-max side (which is the fixed side of the belt)

1 Like

You could just add a little screw on the bottom of the X tensioner (there is an unsused hole) and use it as an offset for the homing to have the same starting point again by making the screw stick out 5mm. :slight_smile:

I’m going to have to load the STL to verify, but in my head, mirror print seems to easily deliver what you want. No?

I use a screw in the x-tensioner but I’ll admit that offset compensation is pretty much only eyeball precise. However, if you tighten the tensioner, and you calculate the thread pitches, you could theoretically be pretty close. (I don’t do that.)

I think if you did a mirror of the tensioner part, I’m pretty sure you’d collide with the x-motor mount unless you just gave up that much movement on the x-axis. (It normally slides behind the core to make contact with the end stop.)

I don’t immediately see a way to make the x-endstop a true reference that wouldn’t change with the position of the tensioner. I just rebuilt my core and I’m dealing with the same concern. The origin has moved enough than I’m having to pull all the macros and enter new X values.

I have that already, but precision is the problem.
Hence why I’d there is a way to make the tensioner side on the x-max side that would eliminate the issue?

That’s a problem I had on the Y axis, and I added a small independent block with a screw to serve as endstop

For X axis, I didn’t try to change anything yet, but I imagine you could stick the switch to the XZ side plate, in a position where the core just hits it when homing…

If you want to make this adjustable, the unused hole on the left side of the core, could host a small printed “lump” that hit the switch before the core does, with an adjustment screw built-in

This would also allow removing a wire going to the core and make the X switch more accessible