Lowrider2 none of the bin files work

OK I may have panicked . I have gone back to find out what you asked, and yes it does say printer not connected, but it is moving when I use the controls on the screen. So I guess it doesn;t matter too much.

anywhere I can get a test file to see it working. Before I go down the cnc software route. Can anyone recomend a good cnc slicer

I think I have made a file using kiri moto, which I found online, it has an .nc extension.
Anyway when I try to load the file it says the hotend temperature is belowe 180 and wont let me continue. But we dont have a hot end, is there a sensor I need to dissable somewhere.

Most of us use the test crown. That is a good test. About the only thing that it won’t really do is let you know if you’ve got things set up to produce a mirror image of what you want.

I use Estlcam as a CAM package, it’s fairly popular here. Kiri:moto should also work. There are also post-processors for Fusion360 and FreeCAD that are supposed to work if you use those for design. (I use FreeCAD, but do not use it to produce gcode files.)

1 Like

You can rename nc files as gcode. Same with gco files.

All going good now, I am at the software stage now. I have been recomended Aspire, which I think it pretty good sofware, my question is, what post processor do I use, it can work with loads of different ones, is there a particular unit that the lowrider is based on, or is it just generic, there is a couple of generic options like grlb gcode or gcode.tap but the software has a lot of cnc machines listed.

You want a Marlin post processor. According to this post, versions 8.5 of Aspire ships with a Marlin postprocessor, implying earlier versions did not. Due to its cost, there are few Aspire users on this forum.

I have both Aspire and Vcarve Desktop. Here is a PP file that most of us Vectric users use:

Marlin_mm-test5.zip (1.2 KB)

excelent, thank you.

1 Like