LowRider2 new build in Catalunya

Hi again @jeffeb3 (your nightmare is back online :man_facepalming: ) I downloaded files as shown on the picture attached, saw some updating as screen started up and then asked for re-calibration, but got to red dot 3 and then a black dot in the middle of the screen, after that it kept asking for re-calibration and a calibration error, icons have changed but the touch screen is not working anymore and can’t change to knob control on Marlin.

Any ideas what have I done wrong? I’m sure it’s my fault…once again…jeeezzzz

Remember I’m using the Bigtreetech 3.5 TFT V3.0…it’s not the E3…I don’t know if this might be causing trouble !!!

Thanks,

@ByronM I think you’re right there…I’m now going to change connectors direction…so the Y axis travels are done from endstops, at top of the table where I have my screen, to the other end being that a negative move…and positive when homing back towards the screen.

@jeffeb3 After reading the guide I see dual endstops are for X and Y axis…is that correct? I’m asking because it makes sense to have endstops on the Y axis to make sure it’s square, but why on the X and not on the Z axis??? Probably me missing something here…

EndStops

Thanks,

It’s all relative.

Z, no idea, a few people home upward.

Cheers!

Hmm. Not sure about that one. You may have to download the source code from that repo, change the platform.ini file to choose the target for your TFT and compile it using platformio. I am surprised it let you flash it, but the two probably aren’t compatible, IDK.

The MPCNC has 2X and 2Y. It is really where we have a lot of experience with dual endstops. The Low Rider is usually huge, and once the steppers are on, they move in lock step, so it isn’t as hard to get square. I am (slowly) working on a LR setup with Dual Z, and it homes up and probes down. But I don’t have that quite ready yet.

@jeffeb3 So no dual endstops on the firmware I flashed into the SKR board then…and regarding the repo, platform.ini etc…it sounds from outer space to me…the thing is before I did anything to the screen I could move axis under Marlin using the knob but now I’m stuck here with the screen blocked.
Any chance you can help me on this one? I know you have your own life but I haven’t got a clue on where to start to be honest…and I’m so close to have it running…I’ll contribute $ if needed…but I can’t go through a full learning process at the moment !!!

@ByronM Re Z axis, I think it could make sense to home upward in order to safe your machine while you have a bit on it…but I’ve never used a CNC so I’ll have to learn how things work, and do my own in time…but for now I want to stick to standards that work.

Thanks everyone for your help, honestly !!!

Àlex

Have you tried going back to the original firmware for the screen.https://github.com/bigtreetech/BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware/tree/master/Copy%20to%20SD%20Card%20root%20directory%20to%20update%20-%20Unified%20Menu%20Material%20theme

Thanks @redneckmudrat I was having a look now, but can’t figure out what I need…it’s a nightmare…

I don’t have my screen yet but I’ve been looking and reading. I think it’s the BIGTREE_TFT35_V3.0.26.x.bin and then everything in the tft35 folder

That might get your screen working again

@redneckmudrat I can see that .bin file but can’t find the TFT35 folder to download it…

Lol I’m new to it also. Trying to figure how to download the files also

I can see the folder but I can’t find how to download that folder…never used github before…

Go to the top of the page and click where it says BIGTREETECH-TouchScreenFirmware. Then there will be a green button the says code. Click it and download zip. It downloads everything so you will be able to grab what you need it’s a zip file

I am waiting on a skr pro and tft70 to replace my Rambo that had a drinking accident. I also ordered a duet 2 wifi clone from China to try out

Thanks very much, now need to find out which files are needed to reset the screen as per manufacturer…

All this software, firmware thingy is killing me…I’m a complete nerd and now the screen is blocked, so I’m a bit frustrated at the moment…but I’m sure I’ll manage to work it out with help from people like you.

I’m off to bed now, it’s nearly 2 am here, and I’m up at 6:30 tomorrow, need some sleep.

Hope to hear from you again and thanks,

Àlex

The will be no drinking and driving on these boards without posable side effects

Lol sons friend spilled half a bottle of Jim Bean across the board. It’s being brought home for last rights. Then upgrading it to primo

1 Like

Do you know a bagpiper for that?

Lol of course I do. My son has a friend here in town. It was his older brother that did the spilling.

1 Like

Are you sure you don’t have a E3? I thought the E3 meant it had the knob… I can load a new bin for the non e3. I think there is a way to convince it to ask for the touch screen calibration again. That touch screen calibration is super annoying.