Lowrider TFT35 SKR-PRO V1.2 - Y2Z2 issues

Totally new to this arena. Thanks to all on the forums as my assembly and troubleshooting have been greatly assisted from all the great input.

I initially completed the build and had the system working in marlin mode. (for clarification the touch screen never operated in touch mode and still says “no printer attached”) Something then happened, (I assume an incorrect selection done by me), and the marlin screen would only show the top banner and nothing else. After much searching and many attempts I finally got the V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209-2.1.1 sucessfuly flashed, along with the TFT35 to the latest Marlin_V1CNC_SkrPro_Dual_2209_2.1.1_515-src. Now here is the scenario in Marln mode:
When in move axis screen and move X, both stepper motors for X and Y2 move (of course this causes binding)
When move Z, only Z1 stepper moves (I reversed cables to see if the Z2 functions and it does by itself as well)
When move Y, only Y1 stepper moves (I reversed cables to see if the Y2 functions and it does by itself as well)

At a loss and obvoiusly over my head, any help would be appreciated.

Firmware 515D is for the Primo, therefore there would be no Z2 axis.

515D has X1, Y1, Z, X2, Y2

515DL has X, Y1, Z1, Y2, Z2

So with the 515D a LR would:

• Move X and Y2 when commanded to move in X
  • Move Y1 and Z2 when commanded to move in Y
  • Move only Z1 when commanded to move in Z

Seems to be what you are seeing.

Look for the DualLR variant on the SKR Pro firmware

Edit: No Printer Attached message on the touch screen mode means the black cable between the screen and the SKR Pro board is wrong, or the screen firmware has the wrong communication rate.

1 Like

Dan,

Thank you!! arlin mode is working as should again now.

I have verified the cable connection (black cable) per the install instruction is correct. The TFT communication rate is 250000 as suggested but still no joy. Is it possible I also flashed the screen with the incorrect firmware as well?

Its possible, but you can also adjust the communicatuon at the screen. If you put a config.ini file on an SD card in the screen you can tell it to go to 250000 baud for the RS232 port, and it should work.

You can also enable the serial port for the ESP01S module, though newer V1 firmware expects that on the SKR Pro board now. (I might be the only one using it on the TFT35 now.)

@laoproductsllc , how long is that table? 19’?!! How are you planning on using that monster? :grin:

I do live edge slab furniture as side work, the cuting area is 15’6" x 48" to accommodate for conference tables.

1 Like

Dan,

I reflashed the config.ini with the following: serial_port:P1:7 P2:0 P3:0 P4:0. The baudrate on the settings screen on the TFT is 250000 and shown below. I see neither RS232 nor ESP01S in the config file when coducting a search.

I reflashed the tft35 with the latest [3/22/23 bugfix rollup]. I also tried the reset. changed out the cables and till getting the same results with no printer attached.

EDIT UPDATE:
I have solved the issue, albiet unconventionally. I replaced the TFT35 with a new one, this corrected the issue. All works as it should now. Thank you Dan for all of the help! I will contact V1E (Ryan) and see if i can send the malfunctiing back for him to take a look at and perhaps reflash with his magic smoke so I can move on to my secondary wish list item a MPCNC lowrider V3 plasma table!

1 Like