LowRider(SKR pro 1.2) and touchscreen froze during job

It is second time, LowRider and touchscreen froze during job. No message on display was shown. Touch screen was not responsive and I had to restart LowRider (unplug and plug in). After restart, touch screen was responsive and homing was done. All axes worked properly but X axes did not work as it tried to go beyond endstop. Than it stopped and showed this message.

I am planning to try to solve freezing with this solution:

Is there possibility that source of freezing might be power source related? What coused the problem with homing at the X axes?

When i switched to not graphic (just hold the button down i think and it will prompt you to switch) that fixed the issue completely.

I cant remember if it threw a kill() error though.

But personally i found the text mode and using the rotary knob better, i can get close to the work piece and turn the dial to adjust - rather than trying with touchscreen and missing the button.

you mean you pressed and held rotary knob to get out of graphic mode? I have never tried it so far

For a while, there were freezing issues with the TFT firmware. Bug fixes were made to the TFT firmware that seemed to solve the problem. So, if you haven’t already done it, upgrade to the latest TFT firmware.

A safer option (though the freezing problem appears to be solved) is to run your jobs in Marlin mode. As aprettyparrot notred, just holed down the control knob for a few seconds to switch in Marlin mode. If you are running the latest V1 maintained version of Marlin, a change was made so that, when the display is in Marlin mode, the SD card slot on the SKR Pro board, not the slot on the display, is used.

Correct.

As Bunney pointed out it might be fixed in latest tft firmware. I wont bother because i like marlin mode to use the dial, and when i run cnc again i will be moving to mach3/4.

I do know that with my setup currently I do have to use the card slot on the lcd. Thankfully it seems every microSD comes with one of those adapters and i keep them so i have a ton :>

I will try marlin mode and see if problem occurs again. I have not yet upgraded TFT firmware, but thanks for info. I had no idea that upgrade was released.
Is it possible to use marlin mode with USB? I think USB is more reliable than SD card so I would prefer to use that.

Im pretty sure you can, i cant think of a reason it wouldnt at least.

i just use the sd because its more convenient for me to use :>

ok, thanks for info :slight_smile: