Lowrider 3 Tool lines in mdf

Has anyone had this problem before? 1/4 inch pocket done in raster, before the raster starts the tool does a profile cut to rough out the letters (and leaves a deep line around the letters (more so on the right hand side ) milled in climb .

1 Like

I had a similar problem and solved it with careful router tramming. Hope this helps you.

1 Like

Do i tram the z otself or the right hand size of the z ? Its not out by much :frowning:

For tramming I used the following tool; https://forum.v1e.com/uploads/short-url/dnTCJBwzny7Tuk2lJxpbWmuRcl3.zip
and for the calibration I used the following adjustment tool: Printables

Good luck

1 Like

Brilliant I’ll print this now , in the mean time I tryed the sign again but with conventional and came out flawless:)

I use this, Printables and a few layers of tape behind the mount to shim it into place. I just did it a few days ago and I was out by four layers of blue tape about 1.5" long in the 10o’clock position of the bottom clamp.

1 Like

I saw something like that and the issue was (on my guess) that the work moved after the bull of the material had been removed. Once the pocket was done. The wood relaxed and went up a tiny bit.

Not sure how to fix it, besides using a finishing pass on the pocket.

1 Like

It seems to me the router is not exactly in a 90deg angle with the surface

1 Like