LowRider 3 Parts List

Hi

I am new to CNC builds so wondered if you could answer a couple of questions I have about the LowRider 3

To build machine as well as the hardware etc do I need to buy the SKR Pro1.2, 5x 2209 drivers, TFT35 E3 V3 -flashed and RAMBo v1.4 Pre-Flashed for CNC board to complete the build?

Would I also need the Full Graphic Smart Controller, Big too.

As I live in the UK I want to source components in one go to save on postage and import duties.

Thanks

1 Like

Hey, you need either of the controllers, the SKR is mostly used, including the screen. Those should be a bundle.

To expand on that.

You do not need both the SKR pro 1.2 and the RAMBo boards.

Either the SKR Pro 1.2, 5x TMC2209 drivers and TFT35E3 bundle is required or the RAMBo1.4 and smart graphic controller.

You can get by without the graphic controller if need be. I would add it though.

Personally, I use neither, and run my LR off of a Duet 2 Wifi controller board with a PanelDue LCD. (Those are likely easier to get in the UK, which is why I mention it.)

Are you printing your own 3D parts? Will you be buying the flat cut parts?

Thank you both, that’s very helpful. I am going to print my own 3D parts. I have an Ender 3, and buy the YZ plates and include the metal XZ plates so I can get up and running.

Ok I have all of my parts and have managed to get it built and running. I have to build a box for the boards and tidy the wiring. I just need to get my head around calibration etc

3 Likes

So the LR3 looks great!

I do have a question, the kerfs in the table top, are they wide enough to cause vertical movement of the wheel/bearings?

1 Like

Thank you, much appreciated. It is a bit bumpy, yes. The table is a torsion box that I used to use a track saw on. The top is covered with just 3mm hardboard, that I will replace before any CNC work.

Thanks, again.

2 Likes

That’s awesome!

1 Like