Lowrider 3 in Bayern

I took german in school and I can read the posts :stuck_out_tongue: However, the information on this forum is great and more accessible in English.

What does he hope to accomplish with the 5 DM542T?

More power, smoother movement. I’d have chosen them as well now but my TB6600 work. :smiley:

Unfortunately, the Nano-Estlcam-Shield only supports 3 plug-on DRV8825. As the Z-axis of the Lowrider V3 is heavier than that of the MPCNC, I had problems operating the 2 Z-motors in parallel on one DRV8825. So I had to choose between external drivers or a new controller for the Lowrider V3

Thanks for your design for the AMB FME 1050 Philipp, I hope I can test it soon and do the first milling with the Lowrider 3. So far it has only been enough for dry runs

1 Like

Heh, I was faster than you using mine then. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can leave the supports btw. Prusaslicer does complain about overhangs, but they are easily printable. All of Ryan’s models print without support and this is basically his. :slight_smile:

Today I milled with the Lowrider V3 for the first time. Everything works better than I expected, but watch the video for yourself.
At the end of the video is the test crown.

Thanks Philipp for the help and Ryan for the great design, the build was a lot of fun!

4 Likes

Man, it’s flying! How fast is it?
I would make the acceleration curve a bit longer though so the table does not shudder… :smiley: I guess you have it at 20mm or something like that?
Oh, and if you don’t mind, post the make on Printables (Printables). :smiley:

Yes, this is a bit too fast, especially on the Y-axis due to the high moving mass. The acceleration path is 6mm and the travel speed is 15000mm/min (250mm/sec).
The crown is drawn at 6000mm/min.

As long as it works… :slight_smile: I need to pump up my numbers again as well I guess. :smiley:

The first project is milled, a sign for a beekeeper friend.

Then I bought a vacuum pump for a planned vacuum plate. 40m³/h should be more than enough

5 Likes

You are going to mix up some black resin to fill that knife cutout, right? Or are you going to try for an inlay?

The knife was just a test object to see if such fine things could be milled. However, another knife is to be made, which will then be filled with resin.

2 Likes

I picked up my vacuum pump today. Spontaneously I bought a vacuum plate and got some 5083 finely milled aluminum as a gift.

1 Like