LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

Congrats Ryan, i Love that LR3 :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Any idea how much filament?

1 Like

I placed an order for the milled endplates from you as well as the dewalt 1/8 collet adapter and realized your using a different router in your lr3 setup. I don’t have a portable router yet was leaning towards the dewalt. Will the dewalt DWP611 still work for the LR3?

1 Like

This is so darn exciting!
Are all of the files done and ready for download?

1 Like

Details should be in the description. That was just an ultimate speed test, you should not try to run it like that.

I will put up some exact specs on that. I am running 1/4" aluminum, you can go up a few more mm’s before you need to worry about changing 6 screws length. This is the catch in the calculator. My goal for today is get all this sorted out.

Just over 2kg. My notes say 2.1kg.

Yes I have mounts for the dewalt, I do like the makita a bit more though if you have not purchased it already. a touch less expensive and a touch smaller.

Yup link in the first post and in the instructions.

1 Like

Thanks Ryan!

2 Likes

For “specialty items” (like the linear rails)? I just saw hardware, screws, etc. No extra bearings, pulleys?

Lookin’ good!

1 Like

Ya. I noticed that too. Not quite ready to purchase but starting to shop…

2 Likes

This may seem like an elementary question, but with regard to the XZ plates, I’d like to mill them. However, I don’t see a flat file for either of them.

Am I missing a link somewhere?

oh shoot. Yeah cutting the leadscrews, same pulleys idlers, but you will need linear rails. I will add that.

Let me get that loaded, I thought it was with the stls but I will link them if not. There are some requirements on thickness so let me get something more detailed up.

3 Likes

Heffe has been helping me with the Docs stuff so have no fear details are coming.

4 Likes

We do know it is a huge amount of work that you have done and still have to do so thank you very much. Take a break… have an ice tea. Remeber it is suppose to be fun too…

You and your beta team rock.

9 Likes

I am oddly taking my time, and enjoying it. I planned on working most of last night and actually stopped and hung out with some friends. It is easy when I am so happy with the project and the response it is getting.

10 Likes

Nice, lets see how far we can push this counter!

I am actually working on the calculator now. The docs site has been fully updated and lazy load enabled. More product pictures have been taken and the printers are a workin.

5 Likes

You mean it’s not done yet :grin:
My thought was:
Use the LR2 calculator below.
Add AA mm / BB inches to the X
Subtract AA mm / BB inches to the Y
Done! Having done that, take the rest of the day off!
OLD Below this line

Is there any reason I shouldn’t print this wonderful thing with a .6mm nozel as opposed to a .4

That is what I was hoping…all these buttons and unit conversions. I’m in trouble.

Not sure I use a 0.5.

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like the Thingiverse link is working in the documentation. Can anyone tell me if there is a layer height requirement for the build? Thanks.

I have not released it there yet. When it is done I will cut and paste but downloading each model one at a time is a huge bummer without the “hack”.

Nope, I prefer thicker layers.

I have a question. I have been waiting for the LR3 to drop. IT FINALLY HAS. My table is 4’x6’. I have the dimensions set up and see its different that the LR2. If the table edges are rounded down, I am assuming this wouldn’t be a problem, correct? Just make the size slightly smaller than the table

2 Likes