LowRider 3 CNC, LR3 Release notes

The info you need is in the docs already.

You will need washers or shorter m3 screws.

1 Like

Okay the board boxes are up, still need to add the blank board box and CAD.

The 25mm rail block is up.

The linear rails are in, so I will have a few to sell outside the kits. The short lead screws are coming from two suppliers and both have not shipped yet, so I am still cutting and grinding by hand.

The printed parts just won’t fit into one med box so the price of those has to go up to account for shipping…an international order for them came in, whoops, lost on that deal.

6 Likes

Hi Ryan. Can you pls upload the stl files for the (skate) wheeled version of the brackets?

3 Likes

Noted, I will do that in the morning.

Added some YZ plate files and instructions to the DOC’s.

3 Likes

Very nice! I will be ordering some printed parts whenever that is not out of stock.

2 Likes

Steel PLates are in.

AL, 400g for the set.
Steel, 1100g for the set.

I doubt it will make much difference but I will put it out there like this. If you are prioritizing, Z moves get the AL, XY moves get the Steel.

1 Like

What about the option for XY & Z? Titanium? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Only available to diamond V1 Crew members.

4 Likes

My question is how much of a difference do the metal plates make over plywood or mdf for the XZ?

I made a note somewhere. For the XZ the printed part is probabaly a bit better than MDF, the metals one are the only way to get any better than that printed version.

As for any noticeable difference, never measured. Might not be needed actually, but it looks great and makes for an extremely square and true build free of any printing defects.

3 Likes

That’s where my LowRider is going to go some day. I will create a table that can be folded in the middle, including wheels so it can be moved off the kitchen for parties in the garden and then folded down twice. Don’t have the exact plan yet, but the first ideas. Only problem so far is the tap. Maybe I can build one that I can screw off without water getting everywhere. :smiley:

1 Like

@vicious1
I wonder why you decided to put the one rail on top of the table, wouldn’t it be saving space by rotating it 90 degrees, and mount it from the side? A little notch could help to align the brackets.

In the end it would take up the same floor space, this way the belts stay on the outside. No extra standoff are needed to keep the table from hitting the wall when you are moving around in a small shop.

1 Like

Wheels, Printables

1 Like

Thanks but it seems like the files are for the bearing wheel. Here is the link I am looking at
https://www.printables.com/model/211714-lr3-60mm-wheel-brackets/files

1 Like

Sorry that was sloppy of me. I fixed it.

1 Like

Ryan, what are your recommendations re: bearing vs wheel?

I haven’t seen any mention (or haven’t noticed any at least)- the wheels I have (supplied by you) appear to be a fatter, flatter profile than what the two-colour versions appear to be, so it might be moot anyway.

cheers

Since wheels have diameter variations, I do prefer the Bearings. We all beta tested with wheels, the bearings were a last minute change and I do prefer them.

It also prevents the wheel from having any authority over direction. Bearings are just support, wheels have enough traction they can steer. So they require more attention to parallel YZ plates.

3 Likes

Ryan - I think the diameter got me. The wheel is a bit too snug :frowning:

Will I be pushing my luck if I request for an additional 1 mm gap in diameter or may be a CAD file I can modify myself :crossed_fingers:

Hey Ryan. Or beta team. Given the capability to cut 48" … built to the suggested dimensions, what is the actual cut width… 49 or 50 inches" just curious as to the over cut