LowRider 3 CNC - HEIGHT EXTENSIONS for Makita 700 Series removable dust shoe - for ~48mm VAC HOSE

ALERT: This is only for very shallow cuts in circumstances described below. It is not recommended for regular or normal use. For shallow cuts, you should first position the router bit as high into the collet as is proper and doable, and then if you still have too much height for your dust collection, temporarily using one of these extensions may help. Needlessly placing your bit too far down and your router too high up reduces rigidity, increases risk of breaking the bit, and is detrimental to the LowRider’s well designed performance.

NOTE: this is the extension set for the ~48mm vac hose version. (If you have 2.5" vac hose, go here for that main remix, and here for that extension set.)

When you are not cutting deep and you want to get your dust shoe closer to the work, you can always insert your bit further into the collet, but there are limits to how far that can go. Whenever you need “more” — and especially if your collet situation is a challenging case like @Jonathjon’s … here’s a link to a newly posted remix, in which I offer 4 different heights (3 new ones beyond the original) of the vac shoe “lower” part.

LowRider 3 CNC - HEIGHT EXTENSIONS for Makita 700 Series removable dust shoe - for ~48mm VAC HOSE

https://www.printables.com/model/359292-lowrider-3-cnc-height-extensions-for-makita-700-se

3 Likes

I used the tallest of these today when I resurfaced my spoil board after building a new CNC-cut torsion box table for my LowRider v3. Since MDF dust is very fine, hard to capture, and gets everywhere, it did help by having the dust collection entrance right down near where the action was.

1 Like

I also use the tallest one when running the surfacing bit and it does help. That bit still ends up slinging a lot all over the place though LOL. Last time i was home i finally ran my dust collection piping how i wanted it and also added a vacuum hose outlet right at the machine as well so I can clean up the mess that the on board dust collection misses.

1 Like

Cool. You should like that much better!

1 Like