LowRider 3. Cavities inside xz-plate-right and xz-plate-left

Good afternoon, colleagues.
Please tell me why in xz-plate-right and xz-plate-left inside the cavity?
They don’t reduce weight much.
Printing gets complicated.
At first I thought it was such stiffeners. But the stiffeners could be made simple solid blocks.
Cavities are not used as channels for drawing wires.

Stiffeners, walls are added right where I want them.

You should notice nothing on your end, especially nothing that can make a print fail. Very simple in terms of print-abuility.

1 Like

i got it. Thank you. )

Wow! Never noticed there were those cavities embedded inside the model… Very clever!
I’m always impressed by the care to details you put into those files :astonished:

For those wondering, or those who printed right away like me and never took a look at the sliced part:

That is why I sort of fought the metal plates at first, these are great parts. Turns out in bulk the metal plates are probably less expensive for me to sell in the kits, and it saves a ton of room in the boxes. So if you have a printer, no need for the metal plates!

2 Likes

I looked, thought. Cavities can act as vibration damping. Probably.

Not sure what you are getting at. Vibration is bad, stiffness is good. With that said, there should not actually be any substantial cavities.

1 Like

I was pretty happy with my printed plates, though I did jump at the opportunity to go to steel. I acknowledge and understand that it’s massive overkill, and I see zero difference in the utilization of the machine.