Lowrider 3 build - first CNC woop woop!

That shouldn’t have been hot enough to melt the pla though. We have machines in garages in Florida and California regularly in those temps.

Maybe due to direct sunlight on the black plastic? Mine is in my garage in florida where the thermometer on the wall has been over 120f… no plastic softening or melting.

(Hottest temp ever recorded in the UK was 40.3C or 104.5F)

2 Likes

no mate. was under double skinned tarpaulin so “should” have been protected, but… it was as hot as a horses ass and is only plastic after all. I’ve finally got my new 3d printer dialled in to a point i can attempt to replace the parts, so here’s the first one about 7/8th complete, i’m using eSUN PLA+. just a bit of stringing to dial in but otherwise looking pretty good!

1 Like

Maaaaaan… the highs and lows of hobbies eh? Been taking photos of the core printing to share the excitement… then 7hrs from finish… disaster!! Pffttt… power loss recovery - check, filament run out sensor - check, bowden tube end popout sensor… wtaf??? Errr no…

2 Likes

4 Likes

Sooo, 3rd lr3 core and i finally have something useable… and a work of art… pics for those that like them :slight_smile: gotta say, as im also new to 3d printing, i do lime just how well the captive nut sections of the print have come out… on my own printer!!

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

This guy likes green! Is infected his typos.

1 Like

You have done a great job, I hope these don’t melt.
I made mine with pla+, my first one got to 90%, before I had a nozzle problem, 4 attempt later, and I finally had a working x core.

1 Like

I am loving the various colour combos that people are putting into their machines.

2 Likes