Lowrider 2 Build in Lynnwood WA

OK,

Finally got the machine up and running. Thanks to all the people that helped with my questions and issues. I zip tied a pen to the hose tube and ran the crown test file to see how it performed. The circle is messed up. I don’t know if the zip tied was holding the pen tight enough or not. There were a little wiggling movements when I adjusted the pen. Will run it again once I can get the pen securely tied to the hose port. I will post the finish machine images once all the wiring and junks are moved off the table top.

Is this first test OK, beside the circle issue?

1 Like

Solid!

OK,

Put a 1/4" bit into the router to test the crown and see if the circle was still an issue or not. It turn out pretty good! Man I can’t wait to start cutting parts out for my new boat!!! I am build a 14’ x 8’ PowerKat(Catamaran) I designed last summer. It will be my first prototype for cruising and fishing inshore.

Music to my ears!

Hey Peter,

I’m SERIOUSLY interested in building a LRV2 to cut out boat parts (various designers that provide DXF files). I’m currently in the Caribbean but will be back in the PNW (Camano Island) in May. I was wondering if I could swing by with a sixer of your fave local microbrew and check out your build and discuss your plans.

Best regards,

Chris

P.S. Couldn’t find a way to PM you here.

Hi Chris,

Sorry…I haven’t been checking this forum lately. Please email me at thatguypeter@gmail.com…your more then welcome to swing by and check it out. LOL…you will be surprise to what I did with the upgrade of the LW2!!

Peter

Where in Perth did you buy the stainless steel tubing from and what was the cost if I may ask? Cheers

I’m also in Perth, Australia. For my MPCNC I used 25.4mm tube from Bunnings. Its not Stainless Steel, but worked fine. I believe it was smooth galvanised tube. I’m also interrested to hear where I could source SS tube in Perth if anyone knows. I’d like to give the SS tube a try for my next build.

Hey mate, do you still have your MPCNC?