Lightburn Inline Issues on LR3

Hey all,

Got every setup and running with a skr pro 1.2, tmc 2209s, and a NEJE 40640. Should note I am running skrpro2209 marlin 2.1.1 Everything works well while running the M3 on and M5 off. I can run the laser just fine using a gcode file from pronterface or if I load it into lightburn.

I am just testing the power settings for different shades, and I am having an issue in Lightburn when I design a rectangle for fill, assign a power, and run it, it likes to offset. (image below)

-what I’ve found: When I use the inline settings option in device settings it doesn’t fire the laser but it will run the path correctly and not offset.
-If I run the M03/M05 setting option, it will fire the laser but offset the job path.

Before I spent more time testing and troubleshooting I thought I’d ask for help, I’ve been through most of the laser topics and can find you want to be in the inline option but I can’t get the laser to fire unless I manually change the gcode.

Thanks all,
Brady

I had the same problem and opened this topic. According to Ryan, all you have to do to fix the problem is add the following g-code command to your start g-code:

M3 I

If you are new to Lightburn, start g-code can be added in the GCode tab of the Device settings dialog.

I had rolled back to a previous version of the firmware (that did not need this code), and have yet to upgrade again and test his fix. Apparently, this new g-code command is necessary due to some significant changes in the laser code with the latest version of the firmware.

Or, if you cannot get your laser working with this code, and you need your laser working, you can roll back Marlin a version or two.

1 Like

Thanks Robert, sure appreciate it. I’ll give that a test run and check out the tagged topic.