LCD not working anymore after firmware upgrade

The clones have a weird pinout on one of the steppers and they do not have a serial number in the white box below the power port. The rest works like expected.

Hope to have this sorted out shortly.

1 Like

Well, now come the real labor. Can you try the mp3dp version? That should be closer to what regular marlin users use. And it should change a good chunk of our settings.

After that, we have to just take out changes and see which ones fix it.

It may still be worth reporting upstream, and it may mot be something we can fix. If it only shows up when EXTRUDERS=0, then that would explain why Lena was the first to find it. It would also still probably need help from Marlin to fix.

1 Like

MP3DP works.

Canā€™t get extruders=0 to work in plain marlin yet. So many settings to changeā€¦All the rest of our changes works so far, sd support and custom bootscreen.

I think you are on to something with the e=0

scratch that, the mini config is still extruders=1

1 Like

okay, well the issues isā€¦
ā€¦

(that is my drum roll)
ā€¦

#define LASER_FEATURE

So now why, can I fix it or just disable it.

2 Likes

The laser pins conflict with the LCD pins as currently defined by default.

Need to redefine the pins but There are not many extra and probably no PWM. I think disable for now.

2 Likes

Okay here is a working nightly, Merge pull request #135 from V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Mini_Nā€¦ Ā· V1EngineeringInc/MarlinBuilder@cfd8044 Ā· GitHub

Sorry for the hassles Lena, thanks for helping and pointing it out.

2 Likes

Nice work, Ryan.

1 Like

Wow, glad to hear you found it :grin:!

No worries, Iā€™m fine, thank you for your support, the machine and everything else :relaxed:! Iā€™ll try the new version some time later today!

1 Like