Laser Christmas gifts

I used my MPCNC to create some Christmas gifts this year using the laser and rotary. It’s been a lot of fun learning to use the new Jackpot board, Lightburn, laser and rotary. I made some ornaments, engraved some Yeti tumblers and etched a bottle for olive oil.

10 Likes

Sweet, nice work!

Did you have to treat that glass in anyway before you lasered it? And the motorcycle on the powder coated coffee cup, how’d you achieve that?

Do you like the Jackpot board? I’m going to be ordering one this week for the Lowrider that I’ve started building. The only thing that troubles me is the lack of a TFT, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.

2 Likes

Thank you @dkeller

I use black tempura paint on the glass. I blot it on with a sponge.

The cup is blue and so is my diode laser. It turned the coating black, which was a surprise.

I love the Jackpot board. I had a miniRambo board before. The Jackpot is SO much easier to update and reconfigure. I like using the webui better than the TFT screen I had on the miniRambo.

1 Like

Nice!

Nice, really clean! Looks like you have your laser and process dialed in really well.

How did you do the black on the red tumbler? Did you use powder coat powder?

1 Like

@Bigchepin
No powder coat powder. The red tumbler is the same setting as the others. The blue diode laser burns the red coating and turns it black like the light blue tumbler did. I had read that the blue diode laser wouldn’t burn through the red coating.