Kobalt Trim Router ON Sale

Howdy folks,

I was just browsing around online and found the Kobalt 1/4-in compact router with the LowRider v3 on the box at Lowes and it appears to be on sale until Jan 18th at select stores.

You know, the one from here.

Kobalt Model #K7TR-03
Normal price, $99.98, Sale Price $59.98.

I had to order one out of OKC to deliver to a friend of mine for pick-up later, because apparently the Lawton, OK Lowes hates this sale. I checked about 5 more locations in my region and it appears they’re all on sale except here. Lucky me!

At my local store:

At my friend’s OKC store:

By the way, great work on this collaboration @vicious1!

3 Likes

I just picked one up locally, looking forward to getting it on my machine! BTW, I asked and they said it is brushless! I haven’t double checked.

The corded one is not brushless

1 Like

Hope you love it!!

1 Like

Are any of the corded trim routers (Dewalt 611, Makita 700, etc) brushless? Mostly I see that in the battery powered variants.

lowes website says the corded router is brushless. an answer from the kobalt team

Then someone should follow up and ask them what they are storing in here instead …

1 Like

Also, from the Specifications section

1 Like

Kobalt team is misinformed

1 Like

Definitely.

2 Likes

haha…I just had to… He’s at Lowe’s and everything…

5 Likes

I just assumed that the cost of using a corded trim router long term for a CNC would require a new set of brushes being ordered every year or so.

It’s not overly expensive or difficult to replace the brushes. Honestly if you can put a LowRider or MPCNC together, this should be cake.

2 Likes

Not as good, but still gonna be on sale for awhile…

1 Like

I picked one up today, thanks for the tip! I hope to convert from LR2 to 3 sometime soon. There were two left and they were marked clearance.

In Ryan’s article it mentioned some trouble with early routers, but i didn’t see what the trouble was. Should i check for anything in particular?

Check the speed is constant and not pulsing or runaway. Give it 5-10 minutes or more then verify. I’ve only heard of a couple that had issues.

3 Likes

Local Lowe’s manager told me they are being discontinued. Said they were not doing well. Hoping to grab a couple on sale before they are gone in another city nearby. They were cleaned out here locally.

Huh, well that’s balls… I thought a trim router specifically designed for CNC would be an excellent market strategy to get in with Genmitsu, BobsCNC, FoxAlien, Longmill, OneFinity, etc.

Hopefully, obtaining replacement brushes won’t be an issue in the future…

1 Like

Keep your receipt. Previously bought a warranty item that stopped being sold. Was given full item value ~5 years later, when, what I considered an easy to replace part had broke. Effectively ended up being free… Thank you gorilla ladders!

3 Likes

I am very irked by it. I should have used the makita version. I followed @vicious1 suggestion of the kobalt hopefully i can scoop up a couple tomorrow

Planning to scoop up too, I should have gone earlier this week.