Kobalt router

That was so me the other day!! HA!! :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes

Just got one for myself… for $20 under the advertised price! The pallet was out at the local Lowe’s this evening, with a display price of $79.98. Same product number. Got a manager override at the register. Nice!

Weird that there was no LowRider on that bottom white spacer box., like other people have seen. But the one on the router box is there!

9 Likes

Great deal! The bottom left box likely has LowRider3 pictured on the other side. Noticed LR3 on only one face at my local Lowes.

2 Likes

WHATTTTTT!!! $80 is a freaking steal! I wonder if that is a black friday thing?? Everyone hold those receipts. I genuinely did not know that one.

I think Aza is right someone flipped over the picture :frowning_face:

5 Likes

I didn’t even think to check. Otherwise I would have flipped it the correct direction!

3 Likes

Price wise I think you had it flipped the right way LOL

5 Likes

It’s not marked as a rebate on the sign, so they just might have made a mistake.

3 Likes

Sometimes companies will make signs for prices they have an ideas on. Rarely happens but sometimes those signs make it back into reproduction. So maybe that?

1 Like

$89.98 on sale, https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt/5014100299

3 Likes

oh come on, I knew I should have waited!

I just looked website still says 99.98

4 Likes

They price match for 30 days

4 Likes

Here’s what my view of the Lowes.com site looks like right now:

1 Like

Interesting. My store was set as Chicago for some reason, when I changed to my local store, it now shows 89.98. Didnt someone see it was possibly going to go to 79.98??

1 Like

New graphics as well…

Yeah, might want to hold off on the price matching for a bit, see if that 79.99 pops up near the end of the month.

Seriously, though, $89 is so rad. $79 is a steal. This is getting exciting again!!

2 Likes

No more new reviews??

2 Likes

The top board with the graphics and price was damaged on one of the displays at my local store. It’s double sided and has the $79 listed on the inside so I assume that’s going to be a Black Friday deal. I was thinking about flipping it around earlier. :grin:

3 Likes

I just got my parts today, so haven’t been able to use it yet!! :rofl:

Just now submitted my own review, worded as follows, and included an attached photo and my YouTube unboxing video (1 of 4 in my Kobalt router series):

Impressive features & performance for my CNC needs

As a hobby-CNC maker, this router is simply a splendid choice. You get more features and performance for your hard-earned dollars with this than with competitors. Check my video series on YouTube showing off this great tool. Full disclosure: I was sent this router for free, to try it out, with only the request that I make a video about my thoughts. I was impressed. I use it now on my V1 Engineering LowRider v3 DIY CNC (the open-source machine shown on the router’s box). Free plans for that machine are available at v1e.com. I love the soft start, the wide range of speeds with torque at low speeds for CNC work, the ER11 collet compatibility, the LEDs, and I love that you get both 1/8" and 1/4" collets right of the box. You cannot go wrong with its 5-year warranty, and since you’re probably buying this from Lowes, then you know you have an easy path for warranty support if ever needed. I know it’s a cliche to say something is a no-brainer, but this one really is. I’m attaching one of my four related YouTube videos here. Check out the others as well.

2 Likes

I’m working on one. But that would require shop time. I can say for sure that soft start is really nice. BUT I almost need to put in a wait script after powering it on. And the noise difference is incredible

1 Like

No worries I just figured when I get a good video I am going to try to write another one just to link it there!

2 Likes