Kobalt router

Wow i just checked.

Wow, all the ones I see in the twin cities are at $99

Don’t trust the Deep Fake Web, I documented the twilight zone we inhabit in this post. The Kobalt mismatches between the Web, labeled price, and price at the till could be the glitch we’ve been looking for to escape the Matrix, or, at least get a good deal on a router, with LEDs.

1 Like

In my store.

1 Like

$35 here in Inland southern California. I actually ordered it online for $100 before checking in store. I’ll be returning the $100 one

1 Like

Listed as 24.92 here in Oregon but is unavailable at my nearest Lowe’s.

Did you physically check? Mine showed the same “Unavailable for online order” and “In store only” but I got one for the same price today in Ohio.

I did not, the store is about 30 minutes away from me and I already have a few similar routers. I do need some stuff from the hardware store so I might make the detour just to see.

The pricing differences are really all over the place. Maybe $24.92 is just for states that start with O.

$45 in Southern California. Can I enter the contest now?

5 Likes

Does anyone have a Kobalt mount for the LR3 that supports 2.5" dust collector hose?

I’m using this for the Makita now Printables

Kind of, of you’re ok with (or trying out) OpenScad, shared a parametric adapter based on another Maker’s parametric model…

https://www.printables.com/model/550066-lowrider-3-vac-hose-adapter-25-and-parametric-scad

-lives in Ohio, is going to Lowes today “in case” I need a fourth palm router.-

Last one in Monroe, Wa.

Has anyone else experienced bad vibrations with your router. I first noticed it when I was pocketing some black walnut for the Pendant Dial.

I was experimenting with making a bowl/tray yesterday. I tried using a trochoidal cut to make the pocket. I am using Ryan’s 1/4 in single flute endmill. I thought I could do the full 13mm cut. It started the cut and after a couple of seconds the bit started vibrating a lot and I hit the emergency stop. I went back into EstlCam and changed the depth to 6.5mm and a peel pocket. The vibration was less, but still there. I then switched out my first Kobalt router that still surges some and it cut without the vibrations.
Now my dilemma is I have one that vibrates and one that surges some. Do take them both back? I really like the light and how quiet it is compared to my old router.
I hope they have one left in the store so I can exchange the one that vibrates at least.

If you are only changing the routers and you have another router running the exact same Gcode and has neither issue, take them back for sure.

1 Like

The one I bought when they first came out has never run in correctly and has surging. I’ve noticed recently that it seems to get the collet warm when running. It’s beyond 90 days, so my only option is to go through Kobalt support.

I’m starting to wonder if there are two issues not sorted out during the early development- bearings going bad, and perhaps an issue with the speed controller.

I was staring at mine last night and debating doing a teardown just to see how it is put together and whether there might be any chance of replacing troublesome parts.

This may be the reason these are discontinued- there can’t be much margin on these to start with and when they have a potentially very high rate of return it won’t be good for profits.

I just returned the one with a bad bearing. I bought it in November. They asked if anything was wrong with it and I told them the bearing was bad. They refunded me for it.
Your Lowes should refund you too since it has a 5 year warranty.

1 Like

In store ,they said very clearly at the return desk that after 90 days required 888-3KOBALT to deal with whatever.

I’ll try again with a different rep. Good suggestion.

1 Like

Just wanted to report that my surging is mostly gone after running the router. With only some minor surging left in some of the lower speeds, otherwise it has worked itself out.

2 Likes

Last one (on the shelf at least) in Renton Washington.
The first one I purchased on sale for $60. I was beginning to regret getting another one at that price, then I saw this today and picked it up.

Looks like they won’t be carrying in the future, but this is a no-brainer purchase for messing around.

2 Likes