Kiri:Moto Basic users guide

Peter H has taken the time to give a great walk through on using Kiri:Moto. Kiri:Moto is a browser based cross platform CAM package…and slicer, and more! This is a different approach to CAM, I encourage you to give it a try.

Check it out here, Kiri;Moto Basics - V1 Engineering Documentation

@stewart is the brilliant mind behind Kiri:Moto, he has been around here for a long time, helped check Peter’s work on the guide, and even implemented fixes to the program as they went. Thank you for everything, Stewart!

@bitingmidge Thank you so much for all the work you put into this guide! I love it, and I think this is going to give a lot of us the courage to try a new CAM package.

Kiri by V1EngineeringInc · Pull Request #426 · V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs · GitHub & Update kiri.md by biting-midge · Pull Request #416 · V1EngineeringInc/V1EngineeringInc-Docs · GitHub and a few others.

If you see anything that needs fixing or some changes to make it easier to understand, please share it here or submit a Pull Request in the docs directly. Have Fun!

5 Likes

*PS. In the Menu I know it has a “;” not a “:”. If any of you know mkdocs well enough how can I make the fix? “:” causes the menu to end and the link to start in mkdocs.yml?

Thanks for giving me the opportunity @vicious1 Ryan and many thanks to @stewart for holding my hand while I went from “how to do turn this one?” to “this is how you turn this on” in the space of a week or two! :slight_smile: I have to say without the incentive to do this I’d probably still be languishing in procrastination world!

I’ve been blown away by how easy it was to get up and running with K:M. I have to say and I was quite intimidated by the thought of going through the CAM learning curve and the logic of the interface just suits my non-engineering brain to a tee. Hopefully I’ll be adding a bit more over the coming weeks.

As for that colon in the link - have you tried a space before and after?

4 Likes

- Kiri;Moto Basics: software/kiri.md

That is what the menu looks like, I am not sure if a space would work. I can try this evening.

I have zero experience with CAM software, I´ll try it tomorrow!

I am looking forward to learning a little bit more about it!

2 Likes

I hope you enjoy the ride as much as I have thus far.

Please let’s know if there’s something in the document that is not clear or needs a fix!

1 Like

Hi Peter,

I took a glance at your documentation and the app itself and I felt easy and nice.

I with I had a running lowrider v3 that I could try your documentation out with. But I think I’ll read all of it tomorrow.

Good job!

1 Like

I would try putting the whole thing on the left in quotes:

- "Kiri:Moto Basics": software/kiri.md

It is automatically converting it to a string in most of these cases. With the colon, it gets confused. Wrapping it in quotes will force it to know when the string statts and ends.

2 Likes

Well, that worked. I tried it but it looked wrong so I didn’t actually try it.
Screenshot 2023-01-31 184747

When I saw that, I changed it. I did what you said and did the, mkdcos serve, all good in the hood now. Thanks Zen Master!

Stewart, now you don’t have to rename your software, :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

For most of the stuff I code in using \: also works, the backslash “escapes” the next character. Also works for filenames in Unix/linux.

I’ve been pretty happy with Estlcam, but have been meaning to give Kiri:Moto a go as well.

2 Likes