A little more progress…loving this ![]()
3rd Attempt at drawing a crown. Wasn’t convinced that the Z axis was level as the left side was too high to draw on the paper…or the pen was crushed into the paper.
I re-levelled the Z axis using Jason’s script - GCode Variables and Loops - Software / Firmware / Jackpot Board / FluidNC - V1E.com Forum
And also printed a sharpie pen holder - V1 Lowrider4 CNC Sharpie Pen Holder Rubber Band - Free 3D Print Model - MakerWorld
Back to the excellent guide to get to grips with some EstlCAM basics, a V-router bit (haven’t got around to getting any endmills) and a successful carve:
This was actually the second one - the first was with a 3mm straight router bit - it turned out a jagged mess - not sure if the speed was too high (5 or 6 on a Katsu-makita-copy) - also, the second part of the carve above looks better as I paused and dialled back the speed (I recall to 3 or 4)…
Onwards.
Are there any standard “test” cuts I should make - I’ve just started a 100mmx100mm square I intend cutting with tabs to cut through and measure, as well a circle of 100 diameter. Anything else?

