Joker inspired MP3DP

Well I got the berd air kit in the mail today. This pump looks so much larger than their photos on their website. It’s bigger than the rambo. I’m going to have to figure out a good way to mount this thing. I was hopping to put it under the bed or on the side with the rambo, but it’s too big for either location.

Man this thing is going to be clean when I get done with it.

Only one small problem. I have to turn the pump up to 250% to really get it running correctly. Slic3r doesn’t let you set the fan speed that high. And there’s next to nothing online about it. Any body got any Ideas?

250%? What do you mean? 250 in the LCD is out of 255, I think… It’s been a while since I looked at it. So that might be 99%. Can you have slic3r do 100% all the time, and see if the fan comes on?

Also, just generally how do you have that set up? Are you saying you have it powered from the fan port? I wonder if it’s power supply is just too smart to use PWM. You may have to find another way to control the speed, or else just get only on or off.

I have it on fan port 2. And yes 250 on the lcd I assumed it was percent. I havent tried to run it from s3d or slicer yet. After 3 ot 4 attempts i finally have a mount for the pump. I should be able to do a test print tonight.

Ryan, it was plugged into the T1 port. I plugged it into 2 just to see and it works. In your photos it looks like you have the heated bed on T1.

I’m not sure what’s going on here. I got the extruder to give me spot on 100. and when I go to print. it under extrudes all over the place. I’m having a whole bunch of issues.

Also the extruder fan doesn’t come on by it’s self. I have it on fan port 1 now and I have to turn it on. Of course I have no cooling fan when I do this, not that it matter much right now. Just printing test cubes.

100C for the extruder? Try doubling that for PLA, I use 195-205 depending on the brand all other filaments are even higher than that.

The fan on the heatsink should be always on, wired directly to your 12V power port, the print fan is for PLA and blows directly on the print as it happens, where you set it to not all the time.

No, 100mm durring the cal test.

I didnt directly wire it this time because i read that it can cone on automatically when it hits 50c. Its just a firmware edit.

But i suck at this firmware thing.

Have you printed my test part?

If your calibration hits 100 then it is most certainly a slicer issue. If my part prints well it will confirm it. The setting most missed is nozzle diameter, 0.4mm. Just go through my setting page and triple check every single setting.

No, but ive tired slic3r and s3d. Both work on my old printer but not this one.

If your extrusion test is right, then that confirms the firmware settings and the hardware. The only thing it can be is the slicer, or your stepper overheating and going into thermal shutdown but I am sure you would have noticed an incredibly hot stepper.

How are you doing the extrusion test?

The filament is set to the right diameter in the slicer?

I mark 100 mm on the filament. And extrude a 100. it stops right at the tube leading into the Aero, maybe slightly past it. so if anything I’m over extruding during the test just a bit. and yeah the filament is right. And its not just a little under extrusion. It’s quite dramatic, like Infill is a broken mess and perimeters don’t join.

Using Slic3r Prusa Ed is usually my go to when S3D is giving me fits. Because it just works. but I’m seeing the same problems in both slicers.

The good news is the square is 20 by 20 like it should be. Don’t know about z yet, I have’t let a cube finish.

Running the cube again to see how the stepper feels. and it’s not warm at all.

I mean how are you telling it to extrude 100mm, manual gcode, lcd or repetier, simplify?

Try the first few layers of my file to double check, it is small.

If it isn’t warm at all maybe you need to boost the power to it.

You can test the power by trying to pull out the filament while it is printing, it should be really tough to do.

How fast are you printing at?

40 mm/s

Something weird is going on. Now I’m failing the test. Just ran 100mm twice and didn’t make it past my first mark.

I wonder if there is something wrong with my titian.

It has a 3-1 gear ratio, I don’t think you can print that fast. Rpms that high and your torque drops off fast. If you have there stepper it is also a .9 degree so even less than the normal 1.8.

What steps do you have in the firmware for the extruder? 837?

NO, 415

From the amazon page i got the stepper from

Short Height
13Ncm(18.4oz.in) holding torque
NEMA 17 bipolar 1.65"x1.65"x0.79" 4-wire
1.8 deg. step angle(200 steps/rev)
Rated current 1.0A & resistance 3.5ohms

Lots of success in the reviews. that’s why i got it.