Jimdotdev Lr3 build

My lr2 and the different controllers i have had in it have taught me a lot about cnc’s. I never had a place where I could really used it for anything other than burning or plotting, but after moving it to my old mans garage, i decided to build an LR3 and knew i had to get it cutting.

I got it dialed in fairly well with mdf and cut the y plates

After that success i decided it was time to try aluminum to cut the plates, with the idea of getting some 1/4 and mill that aluminum.

This is one of them cut on 1/8 that i had around as a test. It didnt break through in some spots which is likely due to never surfacing and i determined that my z acceleration was too high causing some missed steps on right side, but other wise felt was very successful attemp.

I did manage to find some aluminum for a decent price to cut out of 6mm, and right around that time my buddy offered to cut it at his work out of steel.

While these are heavier, they are super slick.

The build is coming along. I have everything other than my linear bearings and screen, which can be added later. Its a pain, but i should be able to manage cutting my struts, though my table is x 4 ft working and y 2 ft typically.

Over all going well!

7 Likes