Jackpot Wifi and zeroing issues

Ordered the Jackpot one week ago, wired it up to my LR3 build last night. I am connecting to the Jackpot with a Windows 11 yoga laptop. I started out in direct AP WiFi mode. Had a lot of trouble. A lot of low memory errors, reconnects and freezes. The wifi connection manager in windows keeps wanting to open new browser windows causing more low memory errors.

I have a few shelly iot relays, wifi thermostat wifi garage door… , these could have been causing an issue but I am not gonna go around and disable all that stuff that is working! I also have a good wifi AP in the shop. So I switched over to the STA> AP mode and it has been rock solid. So much nicer to have access to your network files at the machine anyway. So loving the jackpot board now but got scared for a second.

There is one odd issue: there seems to be a lag when trying to zero out your work axes. Seems like I have to click on z=0 like five times to get it to zero. Maybe I am impatient?

Yeah the connection stuff seems to depend a lot on your home network. For me I find nearly the exact opposite of your findings…but my shop connection is poor to the home network.

I’ve had the same results using STA. It works awesome for me. So much easier than AP and having to reconnect each time. Plus I can run 2 LRs from the same fire tablet without having to switch. I haven’t noticed the zero issues but I just let my start gcode handle the zero

I’ve noticed the same lag at times. I think, for the most part, that is an ESP-32 issue. I’ve got dozens of ESPs hooked up to my home wifi, many running their own web server, and I have found that the more complicated the webUI, the more they seem to miss and hesitate. FluidNC has a lot going on, so lags/hesitations like that are more common. Some problems can be fixed with firmware changes, but many are deeper (in the esp core libraries or the wifi library that the firmware was compiled with). I guess my point is that we just have to live with some of the little issues. Keep in mind that the ESP-32 costs less than $5, compared to a RPi or equivalent which cost much more.

would you please comment on what version of firmware you are using? There were versions with wifi/memory problems.