Jackpot Tool Change Sanity Check

So now that I have my diode laser build done and running off the Jackpot controller, I’m looking to improve my overall work environment by having the Jackpot control the on/off power functions for my laser module and the exhaust fan. I’m waiting on the 5V output module that I just ordered from Bart Dring, but in the mean time I wanted to get input from the forum on whether or not I’m on the right track…

In my config.yaml file I’ll have 3 spindles defined:

1. Laser: as tool 0
  2. relay: as tool 1 to control 24V power to the laser module itself so I don’t hear the fan noise
  3. relay: as tool 2 to control 120VAC power to the exhaust fan

Then in Lightburn’s user-defined Start GCode I’d do this:

M6 T2; Select the relay: spindle to control the exhaust fan power
M3; Turn on the exhaust fan
G4 P3.0; Wait 3.0 seconds
M6 T1; Select the relay: spindle to control the laser module power
M3; Turn on the 24V power to the laser module
G4 P3.0; Wait 3.0 seconds
M6 T0; Select the Laser: spindle

For the user-defined End GCode I’d do this:

M6 T1; Select the laser module relay: spindle
M5; Turn off the laser module
M6 T2; Select the exhaust fan relay: spindle
G4 P10.0; Wait 10.0 seconds
M5; Turn off the exhaust fan

I’ve never dealt with tool changes on my own like this, so I’m assuming the M3 & M5 commands are only relevant to the currently selected tool.

All feedback appreciated, thanks!

The jackpot has 2 -5V outs and 2- 24v out, did you need more?

It all looks okay, how does it run, do you have issues?

1 Like

What I like is having 2 config.yaml, one for laser one for not on the jackpot and just switch between them.

I’ll possibly use a 3rd 5V output, but the main reason I bought it is I’m a gadget guy :upside_down_face:

I haven’t run it yet. My system is apart at the moment as I move it to its new “permanent” installation table. But thanks for the review of the code - I’ll try it soon.