Jackpot or new Pi?

Welp, anyone wondering the le potato doesn’t do well with fall damage. Case and all my potato is now a potato. Looking at amazon looks like Raspberry Pi’s are finally getting to a normal price point. However I see that they are also around the price of a jackpot board… Decisions decisions…

A couple of tid bits, my grandma is still pretty ill (on the bend finally or at least hopefully) and I am constantly running back and forth at the moment so personal time is very short, so I may at least at this moment may just need to make the choice that is the easier plug-n-play option. Any advice appreciated as always, hopefully I can get back on the forum more soon

Mine too. le poop

Amazon is a terrible place to buy Pis…

Use this to find good suppliers:

(get rid of the ?country=US if you’re not in the US)
Pi 5/4/3b/zero2w are all readily and easily available now at MSRP from reputable suppliers.

What controller do you use now, and on what machine?
Jackpot is a really decent controller for the MPCNC or LowRider family, Lasers, or the like. Not suitable for MP3DP Printers.

1 Like

The Jackpot is as easy to set up as biting in a raw potato.

I have the skr pro on the LR3 with tft screen.

:rofl:

For what it’s worth, BTT Pi is what I use for a bunch of my projects, pretty affordable option with some nice to haves like 12/24v power terminals and a couple of dedicated fan and can ports.

Okay after weighing the options I’ve decided to go with the jackpot. I would have wanted to make the switch eventually, so why not now. Plus everyone that has one seems to really like it. Now I’ll need to find a different purpose for my SKR board…

1 Like

MP3DP V4 Repeat printer ? :slight_smile:

is Fluidnc wiki the best place for me to research about what all the new board can do?

For “all it can do”, it should have everything.

That being said, you likely don’t need “all it can do”, so I would probably start in the Docs to make sure everything you need to understand and run the Jackpot board sinks in first.

Once you have a handle on that, FluidNC wiki is pretty good if you need/want more.

1 Like

Yeah, That’s where I am gonna start. Thankfully I am starting to get time back at home again so I can get the basics and move on hopefully quickly.