It's so pretty

Saw a few other people had done the blue and white colour scheme. Quite liked it.
She is all parked up now in the workshop (next to my Delta 3d printer).

Just need to make stuff with it now…

14 Likes

I’d LOVE to see some more pics of your wire management, your spoilboard setup, the table you built for it, your dust collection boot, and that nice enclosure for your screen. That looks amazing!

3 Likes

Prepare to be amazed:

3 Likes

Good lord, I feel so inadequate right now.
:rofl:

3 Likes

I feel that way quite often…

2 Likes

It’s what I blame the fact that I haven’t even finished one cable for my steppers on. How can it ever compare? What good am I? How can I go on, calling myself a man? :weary:

1 Like

Sorry… Lost my job in September, so had a bit of spare time of late (plus I can’t stop tinkering).!
Laser to add next (that is the bundle of cables under the board).

Pic%20(6)|690x388

11 Likes

Epic

It just gets better.

I hope those aren’t related :slight_smile:. But their loss. Your build is inspirational.

3 Likes

Thanks Jeff.

I work as a special effects engineer. The company I was working for was appallingly run, and he finally went under… mainly because he didn’t pay his goddam tax :roll_eyes:

If you ever get bored…

https://www.stevecroot.co.uk/

The MPCNC is buried on there somewhere

4 Likes

That sucks! Hope you’re able to find something soon. If you’re bored I’d be happy for you to come do this at my place :wink: haha

I’m digging the tube-mounted tool light and the Z-overtravel switch. Are those your designs and/or are they available for download?

It’s my design. I have several parts that I will either make available in here for others to use or on my MPCNC page on my website (probably both)

4 Likes

Not sure if anyone is interested, but I have (hastily) thrown together a webpage of my 3d files.

Hope the link on that page back to the V1 files is OK (let me know).

10 Likes

Impressive man, I’m still just in awe of your setup.

Zx9CNG

What an absolutely gorgeous build!!! Kudos to you!

wow, tha’ts a seriously great build! Kudos!!!
Your webstite’s projects are really neat too!

But I’m surprized you’re still using tinkercad, I started with it a few years ago and it was nice to grasp the basics, but made the switch to onshape and fusion360 since. You should really consider it too, designing complicated stuff is litterally ten times faster and you’ll get more designing freedom.

I am learning Fusion. But, I find Tinkercad so damn fast for producing basic projects, that… I just use that.

99% on the time, all I need is a bracket, an enclosure, or a clip. You can literally make it in seconds.

Before the company I worked for went belly up (:roll_eyes:), I worked in an engineering dept.
The other engineering guy was obsessed with Solidworks.

We would have time critical project come in, and he would spent 1.5 days drawing a bracket… used to drive me mad. I would draw one up in Tinkercad in literally minutes and it would be printing a few minutes later.

I will get my head around real CAD, but I just have not had the time yet

3 Likes

Some nice ideas. I like the Z motor cable chain on it’s own track.
Where is your controller board?
Where is the funky white light coming from? - ahh LED lighting strips…
What is holding your LCD?
Is the vacuum on the shelf?
Does your emergency stop kill the router and the steppers?

Steve, I feel strongly that even as a skilled special effects technician there is one effect that you could not create.

The effect being the one that would mask the massive inferiority complex you have given me after seeing your fantastic build.

I would say more, but I am pressed for time as I need to see if my toaster works in the bathtub.

P.S. Awesome job.

4 Likes

Don’t do iiiiit! -we can’t all have the best CNC… be happy you have a CNC