Is the router from ali worth it

are the chinese wood router worth it? i can save more than half the price buy ordering it from ališŸ˜…

Or should i just buy the Makita RT0702

With the Makita you can be sure that it works and has extremely low runout. You can try the one above, but I wouldnā€˜t. :slight_smile: There are a lot of possibilities to save money, the router shouldnā€˜t be the one where you do it in my opinion. :smiley:

Woah nice find.

I went for this from aliexpress since everything on amazon seems to be 110v
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005097850145.html

It was quite pricey though (maybe $10 cheaper than a local retail shop) and it came with a Chinese to AU/NZ adapter. Not an AU/NZ power cable. However the local retail shop was out of stock so eh, what do you do eh?

Mine measures 0.02mm runout on the outside of the chuck (probably the wrong way to measure). I can take a measurement from the inside if needed.

Iā€™ve purchased a few tools from CPO Outlets, one being a reconditioned Makita 0701C.
I think I paid a little less than what it is currently going for, but it is still a pretty good deal:

Other than the box it came in and the ā€œreconditionedā€ tag on it, I couldnā€™t tell it wasnā€™t new.
They often have some kind of sale or promotion running too, but it usually doesnā€™t stack with clearance / reconditioned markdowns. I think my ā€œfirst orderā€ coupon did though.

+1 for cpo outlet. I frequently purchase tools for work there, and have not had any issues.

WRT measuring run outā€¦ it has to be done on a tool when it is tightened on. Usually folks use drill stock and a dial gauge for this.

Oh I would have thought measuring runout of the cutting tool would be the wrong way to go since imperfections in the collet and tool could dirty the results.