Ideas for vacuum hose/power cable management on 4'X8' Lowrider 3

I’ve been working on designing a nice clean reliable system for my lowrider 3 but cannot figure out something that I like. I only have about 3 feet above my table and my table is 5’ by 10’ but I only need to use 4’X8’. I want something I can trust to not catch itself on anything halfway through a big cut. I will likely just be using a shopvac hose extension and a extension cord run with it.

I’m not sure why I’m struggling so much with this, feels like i’m trying to re invent the wheel when I’m sure at least a few of you have thrown together some good setups, so any proven inspiration would be much appreciated :slight_smile:

Vac hose i have it hanging from the roof at 2.5 feet, just in the center with enough slack to get to each end only, when the machine goes to full Y+ direction the hose moves with the gantry. Much simpler than that, use a cordless vac attached to the router lol!

1 Like

Still tweaking, but as-designed seems to work fine so far…

Hose just slides along. I might add a rail to keep it from rubbing on the Y belt.

I build something like this and works well so far, my 2.5 vacuum hose doesn’t flex well cant really do the default setup

Came across this trolley for EMT conduit in my “travels” around here… looks handy for hose action! (Not sure what the username is around here, but nice work!)

https://www.printables.com/model/685714