I’m back. Kind of (come tell me what I’ve missed)

Welcome to my vent post

it’s been hell for me lately. I’m not even sure when I was last on here… life has just been beyond busy. To key everyone in my grandmother passed in January and I’ve been sense helping deal with the estate. She got to pass on her terms the way she wanted to go and at 96 almost 97 she lived the fullest life she could have.

Sense she passed we’ve been dealing with the estate. She had two houses one vacation home in the mountains. And her main residence. The vacation home needed little work except dealing with the stuff and staging. It sold quick. We had 4 offers in 4 days which is crazy. Her main residence wasn’t so ready to sell. With some advice from a realtor we’ve decided to remodel a good chunk of her house. And that’s where most my time has been lately. Dealing with this remodel and fixing stupid things from when the house was built. As we are nearing the end (hopefully listing early to mid may) I’m finally having more time to myself. Have picked up the shop and started trying to finish the jackpot upgrade. It’s been a heck of a ride and there’s a lot more roller coasters to come still but hopefully start seeing some more time at home with the family, and getting personal time again in the shop. I have a couple of memorial projects planned so keep your eyes peeled out for those.

Rant over, hopefully you’ll all see me more active on here again. Tell me what I’ve missed!

6 Likes

Sorry to hear of your loss, and your suffering.

Whenever a community member is away, the community suffers.
So one thing the communiy missed was… you.

How can we help you get back into your projects?

4 Likes

Thank you for all the kind comments, they are very well received and appreciated. I’m hoping life will start to return to more of a normal vs this chaos

Nothing more than you all already do. I’m sure I’ll need some advise using the 10W laser for some engravings I’ve got planned. And as you’ve already seen need to get the lr3 in operating condition.

1 Like

So sorry for your loss. Good to see you back on here. I’ve had to put a lot of work into a repair / remodel project at our church, and most of it so far has not included use of the LowRider, however, I found a way to squeeze in some LowRider use with the base cabinets. Just started assembly of the 2nd carcass. First one is done.

5 Likes

And again, sorry for loss and workload! Sounds like she was quite the lady! Take care of yourself!! As long as Ryan keeps the lights on, we are here :wink:

4 Likes

First of all, sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a grandparent was hard for me. I hope you are finding peace in all of that.

Well, this is my take and is in no way comprehensive:

• There is an mp3dp v5 now released with a few early serial numbers and some progressing builds
    – cnc-milled aluminum parts
    – single plane core xy belt path with a twisted criss-cross path and rear-mounted motors
    – Ryan installed Klipper and got it to work
  • The lightburn millmage software for cnc was demonstrated at RMRRF. Ryan got the full demo and can speak to that. The skinny on the beta is that if you want be a part of it, join the lightburn forum and participate there.
  • The M5 dial seems to be progressing nicely for the jackpot board. MakerJim posted his build log and showed the demo at RMRRF. After connecting the 4 wires and adding a couple lines of code to the config file, it was plugged into the jackpot Ryan brought and it just worked.
  • there have been a couple cool projects completed and several new mpcnc and lowrider builds. One of note is the lowrider running klipper.

Hope that is helpful even without direct links…

4 Likes

Welcome back!

1 Like

Glad to see you back sorry to hear about y o u grandmother. Loss is never easy :confused: the estate part is the worst. You missed a great BBQ for easter here in Wisconsin and anoter coming up for mothers day and th we whole family down with RSV or what ever the respiratory thing is sick 3 days and coughing for 3 weeks. Now we need to see some placks come up here does the soul good

1 Like

RSV Sucks laid me on my butt for a few days before I could function properly. My cough lasted 5 weeks I think so keep holding on. It should go away!

Thank you for the updates! And I think I am, as much as I don’t want to be at peace about it, she went the way she wanted too at home surrounded by family.

Those look awesome and can’t wait to see the rest. If I may ask what happened to the church?

Pics of the current unfinished state of the new A/V booth:

Pic of the two base cabinets:

“Making of” video:

The “repair” part of things is actually “mostly unrelated” to the new booth. The repair part is… we had a coupler fail, that joined a PCV water line and a copper water line. It was in a wall/ceiling, between main first floor (wall between sanctuary and fellowship hall) and second floor (apartment). The coupler failed in wee hours of the morning, and water sprayed and ran for hours until our staff arrived for the start of school. The insurance payout was north of $100K. Water can really do damage. Anyhow, we took advantage of the fact that everything was going to be upside down anyway, to go ahead and tackle some other things that needed done for a long time.

2 Likes

And quickly. Water damage is awful and will ruin just about everything

Sorry for you loss.
Sounds like a lot of work !!

1 Like