I am unable to brush Marlin into SKR V1.4

I used Marlin 2.1.2.1 to compile the firmware and obtained ‘firmware. bin’. I wrote it into a TF card (32G FAT32) and then inserted it into the SKRV1.4 motherboard. The green LED bead on the TF card slot is lit, but my screen still cannot display anything

In the tutorial of SKRV1.4, it was mentioned that USB connections can be used for computer control, but when I use the USB connection of SKR1.4, there are no devices (or even unknown devices) in my computer device
Due to my lack of experience in developing motherboards, I am currently confused and need help

My Marlin Configuration(Github):jerryyang-git/marlin_SKR_V1.4

Furthermore, English is not my native language, I use a Google translator. If there is any offense in the tone or request, please forgive me

First off, did you start with the V1 repository? The SKR1p3 from the marlinbuilder releases page is a good place to start from. You could try the firmware.bin straight from that file and see if it is a working starting point.

However, the 2004 discount controller in that picture is not the one that works with the V1 firmware. The firmware should still flash and respond on the USB, so it’s worth testing.

Then you can make the changes to the configuration.h file to substitute the Discount controller that you have and re-compile a new firmware.bin to flash. I used one of those controllers at first, since I have several. From memory, you change the controller type, and you have to comment out the custom boot screen, but that’s all. If it starts from a working comfiguration, change one thing at a time.

1 Like

The V1 maintained Marlin firmware sets the graphics display as:

#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_FULL_GRAPHIC_SMART_CONTROLLER

…which maps to this display.

I’m not positive, but I think this is the define for your display:

//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER

Furthermore, English is not my native language, I use a Google translator. If there is any offense in the tone or request, please forgive me

I’m always surprised at how well google translate works. There was no issues understanding your question.

Edit: If you look at SD card and firmware.bin is renamed to firmware.cur, then the flash of the SKR board was successful.