How to add scripts to the tft35 menu?

Hi,

I read that its possible to add custom scripts to the menu by just putting them on an sd - how do i go about doing that exactly?

I want to make a dogbone-like spoilboard with lots of holes to place small pieces of pvc pipe, then depending on endmill diameter i can just press the custom script that homes to the “extended” corner of two of the most used homing positions +(0.5*endmill diameter) for both x and y. Instead of typing the g0 command manually in the terminal on the display each time if you catch my drift :slight_smile:

Also if you have done something smarter or easier please let me know. I just want a spoil board setup that’s relatively quick and easy to setup a new sheet :slight_smile:

I would probably just keep them as files on the SD card (or a USB key) in the TFT. I have a selection of some common engravings that I run from time to time on the SD in my Primo, and quite a few common patterns for the laser engraver.

Macro scripts should be quite short. IIRC they are embedded on-line with the config.ini file for the TFT. because this needs to stay on the NVRAM of the TFT longer gcode cuts aren’t recommended. Those scripts are generally 20 or fewer lines of gcode.

1 Like

They ARE really handy for things like
Set current XY position as 0,0
Probe the bed and set Z0 (with offset)

1 Like

Ah ofcourse, that’s a very simple and great idea, and i assume i can put them in folders to have it organized as well.

Thank you sir! :slightly_smiling_face: