Honda Element Camper Cabinets, Console, etc

I wanted one of these, but was too expensive for my “needs” Fifth Element Camping Honda Element Camper Conversion Kit and accessories

I designed a ripoff from scratch and made this on my old LR2. I’ve since sold the Honda, R.I.P, but it was a great little SUV. I never got around to making the bed part, but the cabinet , console replacement, and little desks were super handy.

(Since it was such a direct ripoff I won’t be able to share the files, the designer wouldn’t be too keen on that I’m sure! My design was from scratch though, just looking at pictures and tweaking.)

Pre finished 1/2" maple plywood, biscuit joiner, occasional pocket screw, black plastic edge banding.

Considering making something for the bed of my new Ridgeline some day!

16 Likes

That’s crazy. Looks like a great project and a useful outcome.

This is cool as hell. Nice!

Thanks!
It was a pretty involved process with a bunch of cardboard template/prototypes. Totally worth it in the end. Makes me really miss that car!

1 Like

Really gorgeous, wow. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Very nice!

did you sell off the cabinets and console and stuff already? it’s also too costly for me for that brand and im going to start looking for a honda element to live in (california is so expensive) please lmk! : (

Nice work!

Yes, I sold the Element and the cabinet stuff with it. Great car though, I miss it! Lots of interesting platform/bed builds for the element out there too, makes a fun little camper!

1 Like

aw rats! would you possibly be able to remake one again and id pay you? i know the designer wouldnt be to keen on it- but the price range from them is not really attainable for me as im about go be homeless and start the living in car lifestyle :joy:
totally understand if not though- great work!

Even if I had the time, it took quite a bit of fiddling and adjustments (and cheater cuts with a jigsaw) to get it to work and pretty much needs an Element on hand to get the measurements right, so sorry I can’t help you out there!
Good luck with your journey! Even “stock” I was surprised how the seats folded into flat-ish useable beds, so I’m sure you’ll have fun figuring out storage that suits your needs.

man, I really hope this is by choice and not life throwing you rotten lemons!

it is by choice because of life throwing me rotten lemons :rofl:
fortunately, Honda elements can provide shelter, and enough room to fit a bed!
I think of it as a New York City apartment on wheels without paying the overpriced nyc $2500 rent :joy:
then I just get a gym membership to shower, and a laundromat to do laundry!
gotta be resourceful in hard times :^)

2 Likes