HELP STARING THE JACKPOT

I recently received the Jackpot card (Europe purchase group 2)
I tried to follow the instructions in the documentation and various posts. I came to this visualization:

I can’t figure out how to get buttons for single movements (X, Y and Z) and other useful ones like “probe” “home” etc
I hope someone can direct me correctly by providing links and instructions.
For now I’m just doing tests connecting motors to simulate the LR3, but the real LR3 is running with SKR 1.2 Pro and Marlin
Thanks for any help

The wheel on the left side is for jogging individual axis. The center is the smallest movements and the outside is larger movements. Z is on the vertical bar of buttons. The buttons with the houses home the machine on individual axis or all of them.

If those aren’t moving the machine, then look in the Commands window for a log message to tell you why.

Macros can be set for unique things. I haven’t set them up myself. I think they should be set if you use Ryan’s config.

1 Like

Thanks for the help, now that you told me I see it’s intuitive, but for a seventy-six year old it needed a push.
One last question: is there a way to make an emergency stop or at least stop the execution of the Gcode?
Thanks again

The safest way to do an emergency stop is kill the power to everything. Stopping the gcode means you have a spinning router possibly starting a fire and blowing air on it.

So something like a power strip with an easy to get to power switch is the most simple, or you can wire up an e-stop button.

Beware when staring at the Jackpot!

2 Likes

Thanks Rjan, normally I do what you suggest, but at that point the LR3 immediately drops the Z axis and the router continues to dig by inertia.
I think I’ll have to replace the 4-start screws with 2-start ones.
Thanks for everything and “Good Chips”

Take a peek at the Z brake threads. They are intended for the MP3DP, but would be a good addition to a LowRider, or even a Primo, IMO.

But it will be off and stop spinning almost immediately when hotting material. Remember emergency stop is just that, fire or you broke a bit, or you are about to break something. Other than that you can just use pause.

A brake would work here as well.

Dan and Ryan, thank you both.
The Z brake is an excellent idea
I’ll try to investigate it soon