Help develop the next MP3DP!?!

Ultimate 3D Printing Material Properties Table, Now I need to try it. You said it before, Why didn’t I get it then?

Ohhhhhh, I like that. I really like that.

Cause your brain saw a different shiny before you could order any. :rofl:

I was looking at it last night, it says nasty fumes. I will dig around a bit more I got a lot of conflicting info. Some say drying required, some said no drying needed ever.

Well that’s clear as mud! That’s one thing about living in Florida. There is always drying required LOL

Okay, this is working great. I need to pay close attention to mounting orientation to make sure they stick together. I had to custom cut some widths but lesson learned. In the future I will get the magnets first and everything will be drastically easier. (I was in a panic rush and didn’t think it through). So I stick the magnets on the pretty side first and trim the edge flush, magnet the mating strip to it, pull the sticky backing and put the panel in place.

Thank you so much for the suggestion, can’t wait to peel the protective film off and take a look. I will not see the full thing until RMRRF for the first time.

For the poly, I cut little pockets for the magnets and brushed on some black paint. That gives a super clean edge and you do not see sticky tape through the front.

The hold is good, plenty to keep things in place with 10mm width. I think if I had planned ahead and used the premade 12mm width the magnets would line up even better and stick really crazy. So far the paint and magnets are sticking to the poly really well, and surprisingly the magnets are even sticking to the HDPE pretty good.

3 Likes

Fantastic, glad it worked out! Can’t wait to see the final build.

1 Like